Tuesday, July 2, 2024

ANOTHER ADVENTURE!!!!

 All adventures aren't good I suppose ... as evidenced by this one.  

As of 9:00 last night,

I HAVE NO WATER!!


Yessirree ... it's going to be 105 today and I have no water to drink, or shower.  The controller said pump  bound, then changed it to "open" something or other.

I called at 9:30 last night and was surprised they answered.  The pump has to be pulled ... and they don't know when they can get here.  Most likely the controller will have to be replaced also.  Can you say $$$$$?

To make it even MORE fun, it's the night of fun and festivities ... BINGO!!!

I'll leave you with this picture of the cookies, because I'm going to eat every one in order to remain sane when the pump crew arrives ... whatever time or day THAT may be.  



10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yup I could do that, but it was 9:30 pm by the time I spoke with them and they were coming at 7:00 in the morning ... so no time.

      Delete
  2. How many exclamation points should a title have? Seriously, I detect exclamation point "inflation" taking place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those denote the stress when they told me a new well would be $10-15,000.00. I should have added MORE exclamation points!

      Delete
  3. Oh no ...praying it doesn't cost a fortune to fix it.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had that happen a few years ago. Had to pull the pump which is quite a job, glad they were doing that work. Turned out it was only a half horse pump and almost 30 years old. It worked its little heart out for a long long time. We replaced it with a one horse pump, which won't have to work so hard, the controller only needed the ants cleaned out of it (they get in and make a mess of the electrical contacts) and replaced the old pressure tank. Cost a little, but that is the price of being a rural homeowner. Have had no trouble since then. We have the pest control guys pay extra attention to the pump house and around the heat pump housing, and no ant problems lately. Like anything else, it is pay me now, or pay me a lot more later. We got it all done in one service call and should be set for a long time. We have an 1800 gallon in ground storage tank, and the well pump only has to fill that, it does not provide pressure to anything. There is a one horse pump in the in ground tank and it provides the water to the pressure tank that serves the house. Get it all fixed at once if you can afford it. Pay me now, or pay me a lot more later, that's the way it is today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is SO true. Sounds like you have a setup like our ranch. The ants were always a big problem.

      Delete
  5. Is your water tank full in the Camper Van? If not, I am sure you can fill it somewhere. However, I think you are right about the cost of fixing your pump. IF it needs to be totally replaced, see how much a 12 volt solar/battery pump set up would cost.

    ReplyDelete