Sunday, March 14, 2021

That Four Letter Word ... SNOW!!!

 It just came out of nowhere!  SNOW!!  Just goes to show you never know what the weather will be in Arizona.  Remember this from a year or two ago at the end of February?

Well luckily it wasn't that bad this time.  In fact, try as I might to get a picture of it coming down, it wouldn't even show up on camera.  It did however, SNOW for about two hours.  It just didn't stick on the ground.  Boy am I glad I wasn't out in the fifth wheel freezing to death!!


It wasn't even enough to keep the hummers from the feeder.  They were in stellar fighting form as they dive bombed each other to win the spoils of nectar.  


The cold, rain and snow ended our plans to attend an art festival in Sahuarita pretty quickly.  After trying for an hour to get snowflake images with my camera, I finally settled in to reading the owners manual for the RV.  Yup ... pretty boring.  

I did figure out how to read a VIN number but became totally confused over GVW, GVAW, CCC and all those other abbreviations.  I figure I'll just wing it and try not to load it to the ceiling.  In between sections I worked on the binding of this quilt.  


That's when I got the brilliant idea to call the Bank of the West who now owns my first child to gather information on payments.  Where do I send it?  What about principal only payments?  I rather imagine I won't receive anything until after I've left the country.

Come on man ..... OPEN THE BANKS!!!  Good grief, if the corner market can afford to build plastic barriers that keep you away from their employees, banks can do the same.  To further impede your progress, Bank of the West has apparently gotten rid of all their employees except three in the entire U.S.  

No kidding, I was on hold on their ridiculously long phone message system for TWO HOURS!!!  I had to plug my phone in to keep the battery charged.  It took them TWO HOURS to finally answer the phone.  It was enough time for me to decide I'm going to find a loan somewhere else (with cheaper interest by the way) and pay this off.

It took another 30 minutes for me to explain what principal only payments were.  She finally decided I needed to send them to a completely different address back East.  I'm sure you know how THAT'S going to work out!

There was a little cute puppy play time in between to calm me down before my head exploded and I burned dinner.


Even though I cancelled Hello Fresh dinners due to poor quality veggies, I'm getting one more box.  This one turned out better than the last.  Hamburger, panko, onions and a little Korean barbecue sauce made meatballs you bake for 18 minutes at 450 degrees.  Wow ... that was easy and no cleanup because I baked them on a foil covered pan!!  Ginger rice and roasted carrots finished it off.  Pretty colorful!!


Pretty tasty too!!  I've enough rice left over for six people and two more meals of meatballs.  You have to admit the price is right when I get three meals out of one.

On to figuring out the built-in tire monitoring system in the RV.  Too bad they don't include tire monitors for the truck that's pulling it!!



12 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture of the Hummingbird. I put mine out and have not seen one Hummingbird 😪 You are so right about getting the 2000 watt Honda. Anymore would be way to heavy. That little puppies is so cute. Looks so much like our Fergie. Good luck with the weight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hummers haven't come back from migrating yet. When it's warm, I usually have 15 or 20. Now maybe only two who didn't head south for the winter.

      Delete
  2. Ken called the financing bank to see about principal only payments. They told him it had to be made on the same day as the loan payment withdrawal, he couldn't just add an additional so much $ a month! Now on the Can Am I designate how much every month to be taken out and it automatically goes as a principal payment. I don't get why it's such a problem w the other bank! Of course they really don't want you paying it off early, but the quicker the better! So much easier in the "old" days hahah. Dinner does look yummy! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly right ... they want all that interest, those darn banks!! LOL

      Delete
  3. We refinanced our Jeep the other day with a Credit Union in Klamath Falls, we are saving just under $4,000 over the 60 months! We did it all via email and mail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got three credit unions to choose from ... hitting them up today.

      Delete
  4. When we still had condo payments, I would send a check which would include $150-$200 more for a Principal Payment. First they built in 3 months of regular payments with the extra money, then started to put towards principal. A phone call fixed that...until a year later they did it again...fixed after another phone call...then about a year later...I think you know how this went. When we finally wanted to just pay it off, they said we had to go to a bank and get the exact amount, then give them a certified check (which meant trip to Chase, to our bank, back to Chase.) NOPE! I sent all but around $100, and the next month sent $100, which meant they owed me like 86 cents...don't even know if I ever got that 86 cents back. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that something!! They always try to make it so difficult!!

      Delete
  5. How did life and finances get so complicated??? Dinner looked yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know Elva!!! Used to be you just wrote it on one check. Now they want to make it difficult!!

      Delete
  6. GVW means the total weight of the trailer loaded including water and propane.
    GVAW means the total weight that the axles can carry. I'm guessing that your axles are 7000 or 8000 lb. each. Which means that the total weight over the axles would be 14,000 or 16000 lbs. The rest of the total weight is carried over the hitch/ rear truck axle.
    CCC- never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It says CCC is Cargo Carrying Capacity. The rest is really Greek to me!!

      Delete