Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Voodoo Dolls??

Somewhere there is a Voodoo Doll with my name on it.  It must resemble me enough, although I don't know how they managed to duplicate this hair, to cause trouble in my life.  Thankfully they took the pin out of my back, which I was finally able to maneuver back in place.  Hallelujah!!

On the other hand, it's wreaking havoc with my internet service.  The latest and greatest Jetpack does not work any better than the old one.  They told me I had four days to return it.  Come to find out, that was fourTEEN days, so there was no need to panic yesterday, which was of course day FOUR.
Supposedly the Repair Gods would fix the problem in 72 hours.  When that didn't happen, I called again.  This time I was on hold for 30 minutes, before explaining I just needed to speak to a Level Two Tech.  Another 30 minutes on hold and I was connected, but apparently that next NEEDLE got in the way because it was a Tech One.  After explaining everything again, I was finally sent off to a Tech TWO.  

I waited 92 minutes for her to answer.  I kid you not, I was on the phone for almost THREE hours.  I could feel the needle twisting in my eye.  Apparently they made some upgrades to the tower over a week ago when my service started to go downhill the first time, which is the cause of my now bad connection.  There is nothing they can do.

The nice lady in Mississippi was at least very honest, saying the new Jetpack was not going to work any better, that I should just return it.  She will make sure I'm not charged the extra signup fee of $40.  That must have been from another needle, because no one told me about a sign up fee.
The needle went in deeper.  I rushed off to return the Jetpack and get my $70 back.  No problem, they are happy to take it back EXCEPT ... ADAM forgot to tell me there would be a restocking fee of $35.  I suddenly felt ten needles go in my brain all at once.  The manager might possibly waive that fee, but I have to return today at 3:00 to see if I will be graced with his good nature.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm  Ummmmmmmmmmmmm  I'm practicing my yoga relax mantra so I don't strangle him the second I walk in the door.

In the meantime, there have been a few more needles stuck into my leg where I fell into the coffee table while retrieving the ball for Cooper (I'm not as good at it as he is) and one in my finger that I tried to chop off with my newest sharpest knife while cutting up onions for this quiche.  

It is Pioneer Woman's recipe and quite delicious.  That's a frozen pie crust underneath because they taste SO much better than mine.
In the meantime, I'm wondering if you can make a voodoo doll for a voodoo doll?  I have plenty of very long sharp quilting pins!!!  Or WAIT ..... maybe I'll make one for ADAM and his MANAGER!! YES!!!!!



12 comments:

  1. Call Tech Support again to complain that their Tower Improvement had the reverse affect. Then enjoy lunch before getting back on the phone with Bill to complain about the Restock Fee. They'll probably give you the credit without you strangling Adam.
    Be Safe and Enjoy that tasty looking Quiche.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After a long wait, I finally got it fixed. I'm back to the old for now.

      Delete
  2. Would you believe we know someone who is a Moon Witch that actually has a voodoo doll that she keeps in her freezer?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously? See .... I KNEW it would work!! Wait ... in the freezer? I better go move mine.

      Delete
  3. Almost got one of those Jetpak thingies a few months ago but never actually did. Now, after reading about your troubles, am glad I didn't. Found a local company that provided wireless internet for quite a bit less and a whole lot faster. You might google "wireless providers" for your zip code and see what comes up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely google wireless providers. I think in my area there are none. My only option is X-finity (previously Comcast). There were a couple of companies I used before, but they all declared bankruptcy.

      Delete
  4. While the country burns youre being attacked by a voodoo doll. What's this world coming to? :)) You may have to get a landline internet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know ... it's crazy Doug!!! I'm checking on that landline.

      Delete
  5. Hahah. You are too funny! Love your blog and your life! I'd want to kill Adam and his manager too or at least make a voodoo doll of each of them and hope it works! Pioneer Woman is my fave and that looks so delicious! Came out perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My voodoo doll is definitely a keeper!!! I'll be using her again!

      Delete
  6. Oh I feel for you Nancy...and someone must have a 'doll' of me too because I literally lost my wallet walking Bubba Thursday but did not know it for about 2 hours, went back along the route and it is gone, but not forgotten. My DL, Marcia's DL, 3 credit cards, $$$$$, medical cards for both of us! Thank goodness no SSN and no debit cards. Called Discover first thing Friday morning (after going through the route to look one more time with the sun up) and within 24 hours Discover had a card delivered to our home! (still awaiting the other two which are still on their way). New DLs, insurance cards on the way, but oh how it hits the pits of your stomach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh Dave ..... that is AWFUL!!!! Credit cards are easily fixed, but losing the cash, your medical cards and DL ... that sucks!!! I'll grab my voodoo doll and do a number on that thief for you!! LOL

      Delete