Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Good News All Around!!

With what's been going on lately, good news is hard to find.  Look what I got in the mail!!  Yet another two big thank you's for the horse trailer.  Keep in mind, I've already been thanked multiple times in person and several times more including pictures of the latest horse show.
I knew I liked this family.  Not many kids nowadays would write a thank you note.  Here's Laila riding in an English competition.  
And here's my baby, (the trailer, not the horse) probably very glad to be back on the road.  Laila said not only did she love the trailer, but she was sure the horses liked riding in it too!!
MORE good news .... the forms are ready for concrete for my RV cover.  I'm just so overwhelmed with the generosity of the Chance family.  If you've ever tried to get a building permit, you will completely understand how frustrating the process is.  I had basically given up.  
At least something good has come out of this virus thing .... the Building Department has learned how to Skype.  Mark took off work early, set Dan's computer (or maybe it was his phone) up for a LIVE show of the foundation.  It passed with flying colors, meaning the Building Department does NOT come out to the property and the concrete can now be poured.  Next up ..... BUILDING!!!
In the meantime, I donned a scarf of sorts ... the thinnest one I could find so breathing wasn't quite so much of a problem.  If you've ever been stuck in an underground pipe too small to crawl through when you were seven years old, you'll know my claustrophobic pain.  I tried wearing a mask once for Halloween and almost passed out before I could get it off.  I was off to the eye doctor again, this time for a prescription.

As soon as I was out of the waiting room, they said I could take my scarf off.  Let it be known that my regular eye doc, who I've been seeing since I was 8 years old, told me my eyes hardly changed at all. 

This gal did all the which-one-is-better stuff and said my eyes were drastically different from what the other guy showed.  Okay then ... no wonder I was seeing double.   I was off to the NEXT office for glasses, only they were closed.  RATS!!!

To make it even MORE interesting, I do actually have vision insurance.  Honestly I've never paid much attention.  My glasses usually run me $400-500 and that's WITH insurance.  Time to ask why.

VSP is the name of the company we used when I was working.  Here's the breakdown.  Eye test:  $55 .... they pay $45.  Frames:  $150 ... they pay $50.  Lens:  $200 ... they pay $50.  The cost for this $145 worth of glasses is $130 a year.  What a savings!!!  The only reason I haven't cancelled it is if you sit on them, they DO replace them.  Sadly, that hasn't happened yet, so no big windfall for me.

Today I go to an opticians office to have the glasses made in my old frames.  We shall see how that goes.
The last piece of good news is that my air conditioning is working!!  It's going to be upwards of 104 today.  I'm not going outside so I don't become a perfectly cooked chicken like those that came out of my smoker.





8 comments:

  1. Yay! Three good things! Well, kind of great, really.
    That's good to hear and yup, probably a good idea to stay inside.
    You will be happy to have the RV cover up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be thrilled to have the RV cover!! I can't wait.

      Delete
  2. We got out of Dodge, errr, Needles at 5:00 this morning, it was 80 degrees. About 30 miles down the road, and 1,500 feet higher it was only 68, WOW, I can deal with that! Pulled into Bakersfield at 11:30, and it was just hitting 90, and 94 now at 12:45. YUCK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, you are moving right along. Higher is definitely better. Almost better to travel at night if it weren't for it being dark! LOL

      Virtual wave as you drive by. I guess they did decide to fix the Atwater highway, or at least some of it. Watch for traffic hazards.

      Delete
  3. Well, dang. The RV - the *empty* RV, mind you - is going to have a ridiculously fabulous view.

    So maybe you should rethink this. Are you absolutely 100% sure you don't want to build something else in that spot like, oh I dunno, maybe the official KA guest house for your blog readers instead?😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL ... anyone can come visit, and if I'm not there, are welcome to park it. Only downside, no sewer, but a great view out the back patio.

      Delete
  4. Almost all my grandnephews and grandnieces from both sides of the family send hand written thank you notes. Every so often one grandniece sends a hand written note.....just says "I love you". I love Laila's cards. I have hope for the young ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing. The thing is, it took someone to teach them that. THAT'S what I like to see. Nowadays it's rather scarce.

      Delete