Tuesday, February 4, 2014

WINDSHIELD WIPER UPDATE!!

At a loss to find new wipers for my rig, I finally figured the easiest way was to call Tiffin Motorhomes.  Why didn't I think of this before???  It would have saved me a lot of trouble!

This morning I talked to Doug in the Parts Department ...  you know those guys have really nice accents back East in Alabama!!  He said as far as he knew, only 28" wipers were available in California ... mine are 32", which may or may not make a difference.  BUT ... the Tiffin Parts Department has the 32" in stock, for $22.47 each.  That's a far cry from the $45 each I was charged by the local RV ripoff center.  With additional shipping charges of maybe $12, they still only come to $35 each.

He said generally they only last two years, longer if you keep them covered, in his sweet Alabama accent .........

I ordered FOUR!!  The shipping won't be much different and I'll have a spare set just in case!!

Now I have to deal with the local guys ... I called the credit card company and explained my reason for wanted the charges reversed.  I don't know if they will work until I put them on, but once on, I can't return them if they DON'T work.  They agreed and said they would let me know in a couple weeks.  I don't even mind a restocking fee, although it was never offered.

In the meantime, I might just have to call Tiffin again to check on those wipers ... just to hear that Alabama accent!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure the folks at Tiffin Motorhomes will be happy to know that you are an avid fan of their motor parts and Alabama accent. I guess that counts as good customer service as well. Hahaha! Anyway, I hope you've gotten hold of the wipers by now, Nancy. All the best!

    Ginger Cain @ Ultimate Collision

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginger ... I did receive them, after a couple more phone calls ... you know, just to hear that voice!!! They have the best service BY FAR!!!!

      Delete
  2. Yikes! 45$ vs 35$ really made a huge difference. Good thing you found a better store which offers better products at lower prices. Your credit card company may or may not reverse the charges with your previous transaction, but at least you can now have the 32" wipers that fit on your car. Plus, hearing the Alabama accent is quite a bonus. Haha! Have a nice day, Nancy! :)

    Edward Taylor @ Niguel Auto

    ReplyDelete