Tuesday, February 11, 2014

ALL'S QUIET ...

With the exception of the beeping coming from the RV, all's quiet here at Buzzards Roost.  I watched the young buzzards practice flying yesterday over the trees in my neighbor's back yard.  A slight breeze made it challenging for them, as they dipped and dodged.  No wrecks with each other that I saw, but one ran into a tree limb before he could pull up.  For being one of the "uglies", they sure are elegant as they float around.

I called Fresno RV and was shocked to have a real live person answer the phone.  The dryer belt has been ordered, but won't be in for another 5-6 days.  They must have put that box on the slow boat to China route.

My new windshield wipers came yesterday!!!  It took a little work and a lot of wiggling, but I was finally able to dislodge the old ones and install the new!  SUCCESS!!  Chalk one up for me!!  I also received a note from the credit card company saying they had removed the charges from the local RV store.

With nothing else to keep me busy, I baked some homemade chocolate chip cookies.  You know the ones ... the recipe on the back of the chocolate chip package.  It's been there forever, and I've baked them forever, but sorry Nestle ... they don't even come close to the bake-your-own ones you can buy pre-made in the grocery store (also made by Nestle).  Even though I under-baked them, they were hard crunchy hockey pucks ... and I like soft chewy!!  The good part is that they are now in the freezer and won't be eaten at one sitting!!  Nestle, PLEASE change the recipe, or at least tell us how to get soft and chewy!!

I paid the bills yesterday too ... how exciting, right???  Well that roof repair got my heart rate right up there pretty quickly.  The finally tally was $14,100, including some dry rot repairs.  OUCH!!!  It definitely got me back on the money-saving track!!  With taxes coming up soon, I'm in the "agitation" mode.  Luckily, from a lot of hard work and forethought, I will always have to pay taxes.  Isn't that an oxymoron??  Having to pay taxes is definitely NOT lucky ... but it means I won't be on the welfare rolls any time soon!!

Time for the screwdriver to hit the beeping machine.  I'll let you know how that works out!!  Worse case, Fresno RV can tackle the problem!!

No comments:

Post a Comment