Monday, February 10, 2014

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP .......

Bet you can't guess what that is!!!  Nope, not the smoke alarm.  Yes, you got it ... it's that little alarm down by the floor for sensing exhaust fumes, propane gas and whatever else is on the list.  It goes off constantly in my rig when I'm parked ... never when I'm traveling. Usually turning on the fan overhead will quiet it in a few minutes.  It scares the heck out of my dogs, who run for the front door.

NOW however, it never seems to shut off.  The engine is off, the inverter is off, the propane is off, the fan is on and it still beeps incessantly!!  Every time I go out the back door, there it is ... beep beep beep.  The neighbors are probably ready to shoot the thing ... come to think of it, so am I!!!
I had tape over it for awhile.  I know ... that's not a good idea, because SOME day it may actually be sensing something.  But it's like crying wolf ... if it ever starts beeping for real, I'll never believe it.  I took the tape off because I thought maybe the TAPE was the problem ... but no, it's still beeping.  I can get it to go off for a minute or so, then it's back on.  I finally put a pillow over it ... at least the sound is muffled now.  Really, it's an ear splitter!!!  See those two little screws??  I'm thinking a screwdriver and some side cutters may just be the answer!!

The predicted one inch of rain never happened.  The Jeep is even worse now that the little drops of water that did fall have revived the mud and dirt nicely.  Lots of phone calls on the list today ... from RV Shade Cover to RV dryer repair (they haven't called back, AGAIN) to the Vet for more information on Cushings Disease which my horse has.  He seems to be confused a lot more than usual.  My very expensive camera lens that got dropped in Costa Rica cannot be fixed, so I'm looking for a new one.  I see $$$$$ in my future.  Typical CRAZY Monday!!!


4 comments:

  1. Nancy, I am surprised you are able to light your propane stove if that alarm is going off....our alarm will shut down the propane flow if it goes off. --Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if it does or not ... I don't recall cooking when it went off ... I know my hair spray sets it off big time so I'm careful with that!!

      Delete
  2. May I suggest that you NOT cut the wires. Go to Radio Shack and they should have some aerosol electrical contact cleaner and individual cans of compressed air. If possible, disconnect the power to the device and spray it with the contact cleaner and let it dry or blow dry it with the aerosol compressed air or use your hair dryer. Best guess is a piece of lint or some other FOD (foreign object damage) is causing the problem.

    Please be careful on the road.
    Rex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Rex .. NOT a good idea to cut the wires. I will take the screws out and see if it needs cleaning. If it continues, I will have the RV repair shop check it when I get the dryer fixed!! Thank you!!!

      Delete