Monday, July 15, 2013

Tok, Alaska ... They're B A C K !!!!

The mosquitos that is ... and us, for that matter.  We are staying at Tok RV Village, resting up for the long drives through Canada on the crazy roller coaster roads.  Once inland, our large friends the moosequitos are back and hungry as ever.

Not much in Tok to talk about ... one small grocery store, a few RV parks and associated gift shops.  The people are very nice however, and their WiFi is excellent.  Patty and I perused the native arts and I ran into the perfect co-pilot for my rig!!  The problem was that I couldn't talk them into selling this real brown bear ... the best I've ever seen ... posed on this stack of horns.  Nor would they part with the buffalo hide, my second choice.
So I settled for third best .....  Cooper thought he was a new friend and tried to get him to play ... Jessie crawled up on top, laid down and took a nap!!!
Miss Gracie next door didn't quite know what to think .... it was okay, just not in her house!!
Hoping the mail comes this morning so I don't get in any more trouble in the gift shops!!  Trying to make White Horse today, but really, this section of road is the absolute worst, 25-35 mph.  Where we will stop, no one knows at this point!!!  ADVENTURE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment