Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Spinning While We Wait!!

Finally a relaxing day in the rig!  Not really ... there was lots of laundry and cleaning to do.  After that, Patty and I went on a shopping foray to downtown Eugene.  First stop was the car wash, where with the help of the Owner, I got it relatively clean for $6.00.  That Alaska dirt just didn't want to go away.  At least I can see out the windows now!!.

In looking for a quilt shop, I discovered Eugene Textile Center. I have been looking into spinning my own yarns, with eTc being a great start.  With lots of good advice from Terry Russell (of Gypsy Journel Terry and Nick) I finally settled on an Ashford Joy 2 spinning wheel, that folds up and fits in a nice carrying case for storage in my RV.  They took the time to show me the machine AND gave me a spinning lesson with fibers to get me started.   After an hour of instruction, I "hope" I can get going on my own.
It's an easy setup and very lightweight.  
You can actually wash and card your own (my neighbors have sheep especially designed for yarn wool) but it's much easier for me to purchase it ready to go! 
Two quilt shops with some of the most interesting "different" material I have seen resulted in a few pieces and a new pattern!!  Can't wait to try it.

The rest of the day was a planning-where-we-are-going-to-stay type of day.  Since I am an Elks member, we found a couple of parks to try on the Coast of Oregon, in between the Thousand Trails we are staying at.  In the morning, I'm heading to the Truck Wash with my rig, then over to Coach Care in Coburg for some minor repairs and service.  


2 comments:

  1. Try Port Orford near Newport Oregon. I follow a blog of some friends that have stayed there, and they are there now. There blog is: Personal trip Journal Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet. I think it is from the Good Sams web site. If you can not find it, let me know and I will get you a better computer address for it.

    Please be careful on the road.
    Rex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rex!!! I appreciate the info!!!

    ReplyDelete