Wednesday, September 26, 2012

And We're Off!!! Twice!!!

Much as we weren't looking forward to the 108 degree weather, we headed back to Lake Havasu to Patty and Dan's house.  After moving the boat, the enclosed trailer, the open trailer, Dan's motorhome, Dan's truck and various other vehicles, I pulled my RV into Chance RV park where they have a full hookup including 50 amp service.  You can access this site for free at ... well actually you can't because it's in their driveway!!  My last visit here in my fifth wheel resulted in my dumb poodle (no, they really aren't that smart!!) slipping through the gate and running amuck in Lake Havasu for several hours.  Luckily, we finally chased him down and all was well.  However to ensure this didn't happen again, Dan enclosed all his gates in wire mesh.  Here's mine when they discovered a k-i-t-t-y lived in this house!!
We immediately set about packing up the Chance household for the move to their new digs in Tucson.  We worked our butts off ... I wish literally, but no such luck.
Every room was stacked with boxes ready to make the journey.  Since the house will be put on the market and shown to prospective buyers, we put a lot of the boxes in a closet.  Miss Kitty Gracie couldn't resist.
Sami was such a good girl ... helping us at every turn.    "NOT"!!!!!    She's snoozing!!  It's tough being a dog!!  No, I didn't touch her ears!!!
After running out of boxes three times, Patty and I finally packed up my motorhome and headed back to California, leaving Dan to fend for himself.   In a couple of days, he will take off for Tucson to get the place in shape (and build a huge storage building/workshop/garage) while Patty and I lounge on the beach in Maui!  It's a tough job, but you know .......
Hooked up and ready to roll!!!
Patty thinks there won't be enough room for all her furniture in the new house, so she chose to part with her beloved hoosier that she has had ever since I've known her.  Thankfully she chose to send it my way.  Believe it or not, Dan measured the Liberty and decided it would fit.  And it DID!!!  It rode home safe and sound in the back of my car and now has a place of honor in my kitchen.  Lucy and Ethel got it unloaded with only a broken, bloody big toe!!!   Okay, just bloody!!!  LOL   This beauty is only on loan however ... if she ever needs it back, it's hers!!!!  In case you were wondering, the "Bread" box has dog treats in it!!!
We spent the day cleaning out flower beds (a mess after only 45 days) and have a long list of "stuff" to do, including a trip to see Patty's son David in Modesto, taking my horse for more x-rays, washing and cleaning the Mobile Castle as well as my truck and packing for Maui.  We're short on time and long on "stuff" ... so best get to work!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment