Friday, September 28, 2012

A Relaxing Day at the Castle!!!

What I expected to be a relaxing time before we head off to Maui has turned out to be anything but!!  We spent the first two hours of the day pruning in the yard.  Everything was very overgrown and bermuda grass had invaded my flower beds.  Another hour spent unpacking more stuff from the motorhome.  I think by noon I had finally gotten to all the hiding places and extracted the final pieces from underneath.  The elk horn, purchased at an antique store in Cottonwood for $35 (versus a small deer horn we spied yesterday in a local shop for $95) ... has found it's place on the coffee table along with one of the rugs I purchased.  I think this is a great start to my redecorating scheme.
The mule sign is temporarily hanging from the fireplace but will eventually find some wall space.
My 45th class reunion was held while I was gone, at which I was supposed to be the photographer.  I chose to stay and help Patty and Dan pack in Lake Havasu instead.  I don't know most of those people anyway!!!  LOL  But the duties didn't disappear just because I wasn't there.  When I returned, the photography student I hired to replace me, had a photo card with over 200 images on it for me to dig through.  Thank goodness Patty helped me match up names and photo numbers ... it took us 5-1/2 hours to get the job done.  Poor Patty ... I kept her working right through dinner, when we discovered we didn't HAVE anything for dinner because we forgot to go to the store.  Hmmmm taquitos and salad.  I'm not a very good hostess my friend ........  I made up for it with skinny cow ice cream!!!!!
We SHOULD have been out shopping and/or relaxing the entire day ... but I was waiting for delivery of my Giants Baseball Playoff and World Series Tickets to arrive, which required my signature.  You buy the entire set of tickets ... any games not played are reimbursed to your account.  The Giants team has already clinched the pennant (and beat the Dodgers)!!!!!!!!  Too bad I'll be gone for the Division Series and the Championship Series ... but I WILL be here for the World Series.
In between all of the above ... oh, and throwing the ball for Cooper a million times ... we tried on snorkeling gear and started packing.  I'm taking all my dive gear and clothes in one large bag ... my camera gear as a carry on.
Patty is calling "it's breakfast time" ..... I'm loving this!  It's like I have my own personal chef!!!!!!
With all the not-so-fun stuff out of the way, it's off for shopping!  DAN --- send more money!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment