Wednesday, September 23, 2026

MAUI SUNSET

 

Before we get to the sunset, here's what it looks like at 3:00 am.  I was lucky to sleep in THAT late.  I grabbed a cup of coffee and parked on the patio.  You can hardly see it, but that's the ocean just across the street.  


This is the same place I have stayed for about 20 years.  Unfortunately, the prices for these places have gone from $900 a week up to $1700 a week.  Hotel rooms around here go for about $250+ a night ... and that's a CHEAP hotel.  The good ones, $500-$1,000 a night.  WAY too steep for my meager budget.


This is looking down the beach where most of the sand has been swept into the ocean.  There is hardly any walking spots left.  Even the lifeguard shacks were in danger of disappearing.


First thing in the morning, we took off hauling Cyndae's paddle board down the street to the only place to get to the beach.  The entire beachfront is rocks and boulders, with a 10 foot drop off.  Here she is, adding a little more air.  This is a very heavy inflatable paddle board.


Off she went, but the water got worse and worse while the wind came up, making it hard to navigate.  


When the waves got like this, she came back in.  It's no fun to get wiped out by these.  


We got back to the condo exhausted ... and it was only 8:30.  A quick trip next door to the ABC store and I scored a rice bowl with grilled chopped steak and eggs.  DELICIOUS!!  

Is it bed time yet?  By 10:30 we were having lunch before heading off to Wally World for cookies ... you know I can't live without cookies.  Rice, Pepsi and a short sleeve swim shirt were on the list too.  It's just too hot for long sleeves. I know, it kind of defeats the purpose, but it's just TOO warm.  Back home, we jumped in the pool, me with my big swim fins for a leg workout.  

Back inside, we watched a movie for a bit, whereupon I stated ... it MUST be 4:00, yeh??  NOPE ... it was 1:30.  There was one more walk, though my legs were screaming from too many "fin" laps.  My watch said I walked up 12 flights of stairs ... and it felt like it!!


But who could miss a sunset like this!  Cyndae and I walked about half a mile to this location.  


It was worth all the pain.  A gorgeous sunset to finish off the day at 6:30.  Is it bedtime yet?


And so I bid you aloha once again.  It's actually 7:00 ... 10:00 California time ... WAY past my bed time.  Especially since I know I'll be up at 3:00 once again. 


I hope everyone has a great day.  We just got a "bad storm" warning for the next three days ... so we will be hanging out and holding on!!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures Nancy!
    Enjoy your stay.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, your photos are absolutely stunning. Enjoy your time, dear friend 🧡

    ReplyDelete