Thursday, January 20, 2022

Moonwalk

 The moon has been acting very weird of late.  Maybe that's the reason Doug and I are having so many problems!!  This was a quick hand held image because I forgot my tripod.  I think it's been a full moon for the last five nights, making it really nice to take Cooper out at 4:00 in the morning.  I can actually SEE!


Although I would expect this to be a sunset picture, it's actually sunrise.  As I said, it's been weird around here.


Cooper and I are usually out pretty early for that morning moon walk.  If not, he barks and wakes up all the neighbors.  There are just SO many rocks to smell and mark!!


Yesterday morning I got the sun coming up ... not so dramatic this time .....


And the moon going down.  I'm crediting this phenomenon with the cold I just came down with.  I can't believe it ... I've been so healthy for so long.  I thought it was allergies, but last night sealed it for me.  Cough cough cough ... runny nose ... lots of aches and pains.  No I don't think it's the dreaded C word because I don't have a temperature nor a sore throat, but I'm not taking any chances.  I'll be locked up for the next two days.


By the time the sun was full on shining, the moon STILL had not gone down below the horizon.  


These walks are full of interesting sites other than the moon.  If you were in the market, this setup is NOT for sale.  It says so not once, but TWICE.  I've never seen a live body around, but the car disappears every morning so he (or she) must work somewhere.  


On the way back, the Watchpup kept a steely eye on the property.  No one, and I mean NO ONE comes around THIS area without a bark to let everyone know there is an interloper.  What a good boy Gibbs is.


Finally back inside with the generator going for some Jonathan warm, the silly goose decided a bath was in order since he was sitting in the sunshine.  Yes, his head is entirely inside the water bowl ... that red spot is his wing to keep his balance.  


By the time he dunked in six times, he was soaking wet.  Silly bird!!  At least the heating pad was going and the sun dried him off.  I'm rethinking the blue flame heater ... and maybe that's why it hasn't come in yet ... karma and all that.  I certainly don't want to kill my 46 year old kid NOW!!  

If I can get enough solar and battery power, I may be able to do without it.  At this point, it's doubtful that three batteries will run the heating pad all night long.  Anyone have any other suggestions?


In the late afternoon, Doug and Yuma dropped by for a visit.  So good to see them again!!  Doug's offer to hike to the Palms sounded great, but with my cough now, I'm afraid I'll be tethered to my rig.


Here's hoping it's just a cold ... I've got a couple of Z-packs if necessary ... and I'll be up and running again VERY soon.  Tomorrow is solar installation day, even if I have to sit out in the middle of the parking lot all day.


12 comments:

  1. Glad you decided to keep the bird alive another 46 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too ... even though he is a pain in the neck!! LOL

      Delete
  2. I tell you I am sniffly and have a cough year round with allergies living here in the desert. People still get colds, even if the media doesn't want you to believe that. Hope you're better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We sure hope that you feel better soon, the common cold is no fun for anyone and it affects us all differently. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These always get me bad. It's the chest congestion that hurts!! I'm sure I'll be fine I a week or so.

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the solar install, hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They have blankets which run directly from 12 volt (most cigarette plug type). Search Amazon for 12 volt car heating blanket, $20 and up. I know, you don't have a cigarette plug, but for about $20 you can get one, and someone smart can hook it directly up to your battery supply in the trailer, or you can run through a window and clip to battery outside. The INVERTER uses battery just to be on...then the blanket plugged into inverter uses more. Depending upon which blanket you use, from research I did, a typical car battery can run a heated 12 volt blanket for around 10 hours...you have 3 batteries, so this should work. Remember, you have other things which will draw too, so don't try and do it on two batteries if you go this route.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get that blanket Dave, but I only have USB plugs in the rig. There are no cigarette plugs. Sadly, the USB will not heat up the blanket. Once I get 110 going from the inverter, I may be able to use the blanket.

      Delete
  6. Why don't you just bite the bullet and go get yourself a Mr. buddy with an Aadapter and extended hose and a 5 pound propane tank
    When it's not in use you can use the tank and the adapter for your barbecue grill and it all fits nice and neatly in a milk crate
    Between the RV propane and the gas you use for the generator it'll pay for itself. 🙈🙉🙊 Then nobody will have to listen to that cranky ass generator

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally with you Ed ... the problem seems to be using a gas appliance of any kind in a small space with a bird. I'm doing more research. I'm with you .. I hate generators.

      Delete