Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Wind Damage ...

I slept late yesterday, a first for me.  An extra hour of lounging under a warm blanket assessing the sore muscles.  Cooper wasn't any help at all.  He wanted up for that Beggin' Strip treat.

Very slowly, I got my act together, fed everyone and headed off to the Patch.  I really thought the Pumpkin Patch would be open on Tuesday for pumpkin sales, as scheduled.  I was certainly surprised to find huge patches of sand missing at the entrance.  In spite of putting down a sealer and extra water, tons of sand had been moved to all new locations. 

I walked to the back to find the overhead sunscreens ripped to shreds.  That's the black heavy duty screens hanging down in this picture, taken before the storm.  Now they are torn to pieces.  


The hay ride sun screens survived with only one edge drooping, a fixable problem.  The Time Travel Tractor screens in the left of this image are just one big mess.  

The only good thing about all that is I got ANOTHER day off.  Yahoo for me!!  For the second day in a row, I barely got off the couch.  Not that I felt bad, I just wanted to suck up all the rest I possibly could.


I had opened the big shop door before finding the boss and receiving MY good news.  The door weighs a ton and I couldn't get it completely closed without running around the entire huge building twice.  I left in great anticipation of grabbing a Habit Burger on the way home.

You know how something bugs you and it's all you can think about?  I should have closed and locked that big door.  Oh it will be okay.  But what if they don't see it's barely open and someone breaks in?  Oh it's fine ... they will lock it up.  But what if ............

I drove all the way back, put forth my best effort of strength and got the darn thing closed and locked.  At least I wouldn't worry about it the entire night long.

My prize for that was this beautiful BBQ bacon charburger with cheese!!  I savored every bite!!  This one I got for free with the card they gave me for messing up my last order.  Even BETTER!!


Yes it was Magic Kingdom night and I had made arrangements for a gal to take my place.  It's a good thing I went to make sure all was well.  She showed up a little late, but I had it ready to go.  I counted cards while she worked the cash register.  All went exceedingly well until some gal came and said she didn't get all her cards.  That happens constantly!!

They come up and say they are missing stuff they paid for.  Too bad ... so sad.  BECAUSE ... they all know they are to double count their cards before they leave the desk.  Rarely do I miss anything, just because they will all come back and say they don't have one or two so they can get another card for free.  Believe me, a good portion of them CHEAT!!!  They even steal cards from another persons table!!  

At 6:30 I bowed out and left her with the not-so-good counter, but at least the worst of the peasant storm was behind her.  

A little more snuggling with Cooper and we were back in bed for the night.  It was an AHHHHH moment when I crawled in with my now plugged in electric blanket.  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ...... 



6 comments:

  1. Too bad the Patch took damage, glad you had some time off though. Found a Habit Burger not too far from where mom's facility is located...thinking that might be a good place to take her for lunch one of these days. No drive through at this location though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love their burgers ... especially when they get the order right! LOL

      Delete
  2. That is indeed a beautiful burger. Glad you ate well and got some rest....and can sleep without worrying about the dam door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It's a good thing I went back or I would be up all night! LOL

      Delete
  3. Habit makes awesome burgers and fries! Haven't had one in forever though as they're not near here! Glad you had a good day, not really off though LOL..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunate about the damage but I guess no place is immune to the winds all the time!
    The burger looks yummy. I love the loaded ones, ooey and gooey. :)

    ReplyDelete