Saturday, October 30, 2021

I'm A Lost Boy Magnet

 I'm counting down the hours ... and now the minutes.  Only 1,140 minutes to go.  There comes a point when you are exhausted, even though I'm stronger than I've been the entire last year.  

I went in early to dry off the Bounce pillow, soaking wet from dew and fog.  That's always a fun chore!  Then it was on to the Time Travel Tractor to dry the seats.  Too bad I completely forgot the Hay Ride tractor seat because when I sat down, I got soaking wet.

We didn't have any morning kids this time, just me opening the door and selling pumpkins because the first kid was a no-show.  I restocked the smaller pumpkins up front, always an exciting adventure when you discover a rotten one by having your finger go through the whole thing.  Think dirty diaper.  Yes, I've had to pick up three of those so far.

Thank goodness they got ahold of one girl who showed up to allow me to make gem bags.  It was all fun and games until I forgot to include the most important piece and had to dig back through 20 bags.  Seems my brain kicked into neutral.

And then they came ... like ants out of that hill in my flower bed after I poured gasoline down the hole.  It started out like usual, short three employees.  Phone calls were made and the smart kids came in within the hour.  I'm over worrying about it.  If nothing else, I just work the most important one, the slide.


That's where I was when giving the first girl her ten minute break.  Suddenly someone said look at that kid!  I looked up to see a little boy running up the slide steps as fast as he could.  Wait ... he doesn't have a rug and I didn't send him up there.  I ran after him, not catching him till at the very top.

You can't be up here kiddo ... come with me.  Back down at the bottom, I kept ahold of his shirt.  It was a good thing because he tried to run off.  Excuse me, but who owns this child???  No one spoke.  No really, whose little boy is this?  Everyone said it wasn't theirs.  How the heck did he get through the line?

These are my goat kids as I was telling them this story.


I was just digging out my radio to call when someone said they saw a frantic grandma clear across the patch at the Hay Ride.  That's when the call came for a lost boy.  The description fit my little captive perfectly, which I still had not let go of.  Boy did he get a talking to!!  Turns out he was three years old and really good at escaping.  I seem to be the lost boy magnet.

Goats:  did you hear that?  He was LOST!!


After half the breaks were done, I escaped again to the goat barn for some one on one time.  I think these guys would be my new house pets if they could be little box trained.  They are so darn cute, and bah at me every time I go by.  Yes, their front feet are up on the wires so they can be closer.


The rest of the evening went well until it was time to close.  What is it with some people?  I tell a group of twelve that it's time to go, so they line up for a picture.  I'm very sorry, but we closed ten minutes ago.  You have to exit through the front gates.  They don't move, but take three more pictures. 

Please, you have to exit the Pumpkin Patch.  They move 20 feet to the next tractor and take more pictures, standing on top where they don't belong.  Now I'm getting irritated.

Just to test my patience I'm sure, they did that four more times and I followed them step for step.  At last I said "I asked you nicely, so now I'm called security".  They meandered up front where the skid loaded was already moving around with bins of pumpkins.  One of their kids ran right behind it, so I snatched her up.  They could have cared less.

We need four more pictures.  NO I said as I stood in the way of their pumpkin picture .... NO you cannot take any more pictures.  OUT!!!!!  I reached for my walkie again and they finally left.  What rude obnoxious people there are in the world ... and too bad they are teaching their children the exact same attitude.  

At long last I was headed home with another 9.08 miles under my belt, added to the 9.81 I forgot to post yesterday.

Total miles walked so far:  218.34


4 comments:

  1. The goats are adorable!!! Wow these parents and these kids! Almost over for another year!! Hopefully a little down time for you before your next adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure my next adventure involves keeping the couch from running away ... at least for a week or two.

      Delete