Friday, September 1, 2017

Finding A New Cemetery

This is my current view.  Not bad for nervous Nelly RV driver.  It wasn't the driving, it was more about not having a reservation.  Flying by the seat of your pants ... taking a chance.  I don't think anyone would describe ME that way.   At any rate, this is one of those Elks Lodges that does NOT take reservations.  They only have 8 spaces and maybe room for 3 or 4 dry camping spots.

Lucky me, as I was pulling in, there was one lonely spot left.  I thanked God, Karma and everyone else I could think of.  As I unhooked, a nice man came out and said he just left the very last spot at the end.  That's perfect for the puppies and I.  The pie shaped lines gave me a little trouble ... I mean which one are you supposed to sidle up to?  Nothing is level and the way my rig is set up, I have to use two jacks at once, meaning I walk downhill a lot.  I don't care ... it's a perfect spot!!
Were there not two cars parked on the drivers side, I would have parked even further away.  The next morning there were TWO empty spaces next to me.  I love it when that happens!!  Outside I can even hear the sea lions barking.
Getting here was a little on the foggy side.  I checked on the fires ... good grief, half of Oregon is in flames.  Hopefully I'll be good, even when spending two weeks in Florence.  Getting back into California may be a little difficult.  Brookings is not looking good at all.  Over 1400 Fireman have taken a stand outside of town.  Between fires and flooding, it sure seems we are taking the brunt of Mother Nature.
I always love barns.  This one I was lucky to snap through the windshield and rain.
Having finally left the lovely valley smelling of COW, I made my way through Lincoln City.  Wait just a minute!!  What the heck??  Someone here has a great sense of humor.  I'd have this on my house if I could!!  Reminds me of that movie Arachnid.  
With two more packages of smoked pork in the freezer, I thawed out half of one and made enchiladas.  I hesitated for a moment because I think I did this before without good results.  With one in the oven and one in the freezer, I awaited my delicious dinner.

First bite .... yup smoked pork.  Second bite ... ugh smoked pork.  It was then I remembered I had done this before with terrible results.  Never use smoked pork for enchiladas.  For whatever reason, it just doesn't work ... and now I have TWO pans to eat.  

I hate being wasteful, so I choked down three throughout the day.  The rest is in the fridge awaiting consumption.  I'm afraid it's going to wait a long time.  I looked around for a decent cemetery plot, but in spite of this being close to the beach, the dirt is rock hard.  It remains in the fridge.  Don't worry, I'll think of something.  I hope the next time I think about doing this I will remember it's TERRIBLE!!
I took the puppies on a long walk around the area, but with sunny days and hot concrete, we didn't go far ... three times around the building.  Cooper would much rather play with his ball, tattered and torn as it is.  It's split in half and doesn't even roll any more, but he continues to push it with his nose and hide it under anything he can find ... shoes, rugs, my feet, levis on the floor.  
Today I'm headed to a new beach for some kite flying.  I have brand new Skybond 120' lines that haven't been off the handle.  Wish me luck ... I've never used one for the first time without tangling it up.  Maybe I'll find a nice little hidden cemetery near the beach on my way to fly.







8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. This one is in Newport Oregon, just off Highway 101. $15 a night, 30 amp and water.

      Delete
  2. When we separate large amounts of meat into Freezer bags we mark what it is and the date so there is no mix up.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely should be doing that. In this case the meat wasn't bad as in spoiled, it just didn't taste good with the green sauce. Too much smoke I think.

      Delete
  3. I do the same, Rick & Kathy, even with small freezer bags. Lynn Cross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys are so smart!! I never know how long the meat has been in the freezer!! LOL

      Delete
  4. An Octopus on your house? Naw...what you need is a Stallion, a Big White Stallion...or maybe a Paint Horse like Little Joe use to ride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to buy one of those horses ... a nice paint ... but they wouldn't sell!!

      Delete