Sunday, January 8, 2017

Rise & Shine ... It's Moving Day!!!

Oh come on ..... it's only 5:00 am!!!  I don't WANT to get up.   Once I move, it's an all out King of the Mountain fest with the puppies.  Okay ..... okay ..... I'm UP!!

My plan for the day was to gather the remaining groceries for an impromptu breakfast on Monday.  Before I even got out the door, I saw the pink light flooding in through my windows.  I grabbed my camera and ran!!  I'm pretty sure this is the most spectacular sunrise I've ever seen in my life.  It went 360 degrees around and was magnificent!!
On the down side, when there is a gorgeous sunrise or sunset, it's because of the clouds.  Clouds usually mean rain.  Ten minutes later, it all disappeared as I heard little drops hitting the roof.  Luckily it didn't last long.  Just some remnants of the storm that hit Southern California and the surrounding mountains.
Time to head off to the Walmart parking lot where everyone will meet up for the trek back to the fairgrounds.   As you can imagine, it's always a long drawn out task to get this many rigs parked.  We even decided to come in one day earlier, but unfortunately, that didn't enhance our chances of good parking.  

I know we are volunteers, but seriously, this rally is the same year after year.  We've all been coming here for ages.  Face it ... it's boring!  And for a free volunteer dinner (usually overcooked pasta) and maybe an extra ice cream bar, we get NOTHING for all our hard work.  So why do we do it?  I don't know, but THIS year I'm going to ask.  I'm not sure giving out free ice cream, cleaning the entire fairgrounds after most everyone leaves and paying $295 a rig is truly worth it.  Grump grump!!

While in the Chance rig, the first thing Dan said was "what are we having with the pancakes" ... as in BACON!!  How about sausage?  So on the way back, I stopped in the grocery store (a big mistake ... it was Saturday and the lines were long) and picked up sausage.  Yup .. the kind that has to be cooked.  Dan knows not what he asks of me, but I'm going to give it a shot!!

We made arrangements to meet for dinner at 5:00.  At 4:00 I got a phone message from Patty ... WHERE ARE YOU??  Well, I'm sitting with the puppies watching television.  Instantly I knew ..... they are from Arizona, where the time is one hour off.   I jumped in the Jeep and headed off to Souplantation where we had a great dinner.  The other couple invited to dinner arrived at 5:00, just as we were finishing up.  As we flip back and forth between Arizona and California, I'm sure this won't be the first time our TIME is off!!

So .... my horrible smelling rig is somewhat better.  I dumped a box of baking soda on the floor, turned on two fans and opened two windows.  SURELY it will get better.  When I returned from Walmart, the floor appeared to be dryer, so I vacuumed up the soda and felt for dampness.  Only one tiny spot.  I turned the heat on and closed the door.

By the time I went to bed, the smell was better ... at least I was able to sleep ... but it's still not acceptable.  As the other rigs are parked today, I'll slip into line as we head to our destination for the week.  I bought another box of soda and I'll throw in a few pieces of charcoal for good measure.  Other than that, I don't know what to do.  Hopefully it gets better over time.




No comments:

Post a Comment