LIZARD COUTER: 22
It was a lovely Sunday, but WAY too hot. Thus the "before" sunrise picture on this morning. I hit the road early for my two mile run. It was a slow one. Some days you feel like you can run forever ... and some days you feel like you are going to die. This was the latter.
I got back to find Miss Kitters laying on my velvet antique stool ... where she is NOT allowed. Yes, that's my camera on the floor on the right that she knocked off. I'm hoping it still works.
As I reached for the camera, I spotted something moving in the living room. BIG SIGH ... BIG!! There was a poor little lizard trying to escape under my roll of quilt batting. I moved it ... he moved further under, until finally he had no place to go. It looks like I'm squeezing him to death, but I barely had a hold of him. Out the front door he went. Yes that makes 22 lizards ... no telling how many I haven't found yet. I have since been on Lizard Patrol.
It was a little cool outside and the wind was blowing, so I sat out in the sun reading for a time. Watch Kitty took her position in the shade. She bothers me constantly, so I was lucky she stayed in one spot this time.
I did household chores for awhile ... like all of 5 minutes ... before hitting the freezer for lunch. My tip of the day .... don't freeze that beef stew. The only thing that's good when thawed is the beef. Note to self ... next time make a much SMALLER recipe and eat it in three days.
I spent the afternoon working on the quilt again, only to discover it was wrong. It has two variations of the same color fabric, both noted as F in the pattern. I knew not which one to use first. It looked okay when I was done with the one block, so I continued.
Of course it turned out to be the wrong fabric. I was soured on taking it apart since I had already done that to 16 pieces. It's just going to be wrong. Maybe you will be able to tell when it's finished, maybe not. I almost have another four big squares complete.
When things go wrong, I eat ice cream. This time however, the freezer was bare. No problem ... I'll just make some. This was another chunky peanut butter delight ... to which I added three chopped up peanut butter cookies.
The best part by far, is I get to lick the beaters. Don't lick the bowl because your tongue will freeze to it. Instead, I used a metal spoon to get out every single teeny tiny bite. It made my day.
The rest of the evening I lounged in front of the TV watching rodeo. It's the end of the year and all the guys are trying their hardest to break into the top 15 money earners. Only those 15 in each event, get to go to the National Finals in Las Vegas. That's where the BIG money comes in.
It's been a real fight since Shad Mayfield, calf roping sensation, not only had his hip replacement done, but a knee at the same time. After missing almost 6 months, he's back good as new and winning up a storm. If only we healed up that fast.
On another note, I tried and tried to give Feedback to blogger. To tell them about not getting blogs I signed up for. I'm sure they already know, but hey .... why not inundate them with messages. Here's the problem. Apparently you can only report something if you are an adult. My birthdate on that site is 1965. I'm pretty sure that makes me 61 years old, yes? NO ... it says I must have parental permission in order to report a problem. If I want to report, I have to prove to Google by way of a picture of my drivers license, a picture of my passport or a picture of my credit card. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? There's no way in HEQQ that is going to happen. Nothing like stalking people and setting up a database with all the info required to invade your privacy and bank accounts. There should be a law against that!
Still missing my Cooper so very much. I can't seem to get into any kind of routine.

Your quilt looks great. You haven't made one yet that I don't like.
ReplyDeleteHopefully your weather will cool off soon.
Frances:)
Your quilt looks great. You haven't made one yet that I don't like.
ReplyDeleteHopefully your weather will cool off soon.
Frances:)