Friday, September 4, 2026

GROUNDHOG DAY!!

 LIZARD COUNTER:  20


Surprisingly, the weather is improving around here.  This morning there's a pretty good breeze blowing really cold air, even though the thermometer says it's only 63 degrees.  I'm all for it, though it appears we will still be in the high 80's for the next ten days.  Any cool is GOOD cool.  Clouds covered the sky, so maybe we will get a few drops of rain.


The moon was doing its normal weird thing.  It seems in just two days it goes from being over there, to directly overhead.  What is the saying about sailor beware??


By the way, I don't know what's going on with Google .. seems it's always SOMETHING!  It will not let me reply to your comments.  What's up with that?  I know I've heard several people comment about not being able to post, but I've not heard anything about "replying".  

I am sad to say however that we have lost a lot of bloggers.  I have very few on my list that still post, so if you have a favorite, please send a note to me.  I would love to have a few more to read in the morning.

Maybe that would keep me distracted so I don't realize things like the tire shop removed my tire monitors on the Jeep and never put them back on.  It took me two hours to track them down after explaining to them what they ARE.   "Oh they leak sometimes" they said.  NO, these do NOT leak and I would like them back.  That $120 you have in your hand.  If they make the new tires leak, they are adjustable.


Speaking of checking things ... I don't know what made me do it, but I went around to each and every vehicle to be sure I had 2027 tags.  GROUNDHOG DAY!  Nope ... no I don't.  I paid the Jeep registration in MARCH of this year.  The tags still say 2026 instead of 2027.  Once again, they never sent the tags to me.  

Here I thought the DMV was finally getting their act together.  I was SO wrong.  Yessiree ... I have to make yet ANOTHER appointment to go in to the office and get my tags.  THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO MAIL THEM!  And I KNOW they have the correct address because I haven't moved in 16 years!!  How frustrating and inept they are!!

At long last ... though it certainly could have been longer in my book ... it was time to head out to the Elks Lodge where lucky me, I got to play Secretary.  Not my favorite job, but I love it that the person who dislikes me the most, has to ask me for ten reports during the meeting.  I mean really, what could be more fun?

At least four folks didn't show up, so those of us that had to replace them just had a rocking time laughing at everything.  It really was quite entertaining.  I stood up when I wasn't supposed to, clearly by mistake, and sat down too soon.  All the pomp and circumstance went right out the door!!

Dinner didn't fare much better.  This is the first steak dinner after having been closed for three months.  Apparently folks really missed those $20 steaks.  We had 175 paid dinners and only 120 steaks cut.  The kitchen panicked for about 45 minutes as they went to cutting up huge chunks of meat that were earmarked for the next party.  Oh I'm thinking that isn't going to go over so good this morning when the real kitchen crew finds out about it.  

Then of course they didn't know how to turn on the microphone system.  I was the only one in the building who had a clue, so I got them turned on, but the handheld mics just would not work, even with new batteries.  There must be another button somewhere.  I suppose I should find out where it is ..... OR NOT.


I finally got to sit down after 175 folks went through the line.  The steak was mediocre ... because after eating steak most of my life, I can leave it at the drop of a hat.  The baked potato was delicious, as were the green beans with bacon and mushrooms.  YUM!!

And so ended a night of laughs at the lodge ... something that hasn't happened in ages.  Maybe the Secretary should be sick more often!!!  


I don't think I've mentioned it, but I had an offer of a Yorkie puppy ... free.  I was giving it some thought, though I really wasn't looking at all ... thinking maybe, just maybe.  Well last night I saw pictures of the puppy mom.  It may have some Yorkie in it, but THAT is a chihuahua ... with a long fuzzy tail.  She's cute as can be, but the more I think about it, the more I want to say no.  I'm gone 10-12 hours 3-4 days a week.  That doesn't bode well for puppy training, not to mention I'm pretty sure Kitters would turn into devil cat.  I hate to tell her no, but I think it's just too soon.  No one will ever be able to replace my sweet boy.





2 comments:

  1. We can attest to how much work puppies are. Maisie is finally sleeping through the night and is somewhat potty trained.
    I guess we are spoiled with our government services, we have the most helpful people it our courthouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jim!! I was thinking about a puppy ... which I would love to have ... but think I'm not home enough.

      Delete