Monday, September 7, 2026

DON'T LOOK ... THERE'S BLOOD!

 


 THIS THING IS IN TROUBLE!!!  I knew there was a reason I always liked dogs better than cats.


She is constantly parked by the front door, looking out the window for anything that resembles another cat.  She was yowling, so I went to look see.  It was dark and I stepped on her tail, whereupon she scratched the you-know-what out of me!  I screamed ..... she ran!!!  DON'T DO THAT!!!

I stuck my leg in the bathtub, scrubbed and scrubbed with soap and water, doused it with alcohol and a little hydrogen peroxide just for good luck.  I have since smothered it in Neosporin every hour.  I don't want to end up with an infection up to my knee!!!  Yes it's about 3" long, but to be honest, I can't feel it much any more.  Lucky for her!!!


To get my mind off it, I went for a run.  If nothing else, it helped it bleed all the coodies out.  I really wasn't feel the running part, so I just went slow for not quite 2 miles.  


I was back in time to get the sandwich bread loaf in the oven.  Yes, it looks terrible.  I cut the paper off, placed another baking pan over it for a lid and wrapped it in foil.  


Thirty five minutes later I took the other pan off the top and stuck it back in for another ten minutes.  Isn't she beautiful?????


Oh my gosh, I was so excited this actually turned out and had pretty good crumb.  That means there are not a lot of BIG holes and the texture is not terrible.  Hey, it's my first loaf and I made one big mistake when panning it.  I was jumping up and down it turned out this good.


I toasted up that first piece .... yes, a little too long because I got distracted .... and smothered it in butter.  It was WONDERFUL!!  


I sliced up the rest, but admit I didn't do a very good job.  It's quite soft and hard to slice, even with the wooden contraption.  I tried the other spinning blade, but again, it was too soft.  This all went in the freezer.


HAPPY LABOR DAY!!  Time for more MEN'S work!  Not this one exactly ... I put my XMD sticker on the van.  That stands for Explorers of the Mojave Desert.  There are quite a few of us out there and on Facebook.  A really great group of folks.  The other one shows a scuba diver is on board.


THIS was the Men's Work, in honor of LABOR DAY.  This light on the front of my truck SHOULD look like ...................


THIS one.  I looked in the door where I keep these things and grabbed a new bulb.  I took the entire thing apart, but for the life of me I could not get the bulb into the socket.  It's a push in thing that didn't fit.  Apparently these are NOT the right bulbs.  RATS!!  I put the thing back together and will head to a store today, which will probably be closed since it's a holiday.  Just my luck!!


You knew you would be seeing this.  A grilled cheese with my new loaf of bread.  It was WAY too much for me to eat, but was quite tasty.  Here's the thing I discovered.  If you only eat sourdough bread, it doesn't taste as much like sourdough as if you only ate it only once a week.  I guess you get used to the flavor.  It's also interesting that this homemade bread does not bother my stomach one bit.


The entire rest of the day was spent making a loaf of onion sourdough.  Mix, rest, fold, rest, fold, rest ... you get the picture.  After ten hours, this was the last rest before she went in the fridge for the night. I'll bake it off this morning.


I have finally eaten all the Caramel Popcorn and am on to the Kettle Corn.  Thank you Scouts of America for the sweet treat, even if it did cost me $20.00 a bag.  I hope the little girl won big with her sales.


It's time to bake the bread, so I'll get to it.  I hope everyone has a nice relaxing COOL Labor Day.  We are supposed to celebrate it, not actually LABOR on this day.  So have a good one!!!





8 comments:

  1. Oh what a bad kitty! Your bread looks amazing especially the grilled cheese! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HMmmm Sourdough Bread, looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and That Darn CAT. My father, had a way to solve them. But, today the SPCA, who have him arrested. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness that cat sure nailed your leg.
    Your bread looks fabulous.
    Happy Labor Day!
    Framces:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having lived with Cats in our homes for over Thirty years, you learn to slide your feet to avoid stepping on kitty parts.
    I can practically taste that Bread from here.
    Stay Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. On my way for a slice of toasted sourdough smothered in butter and then a sourdough grilled cheese. Can taste them from here. Congratulations you are really on a roll with your breading making. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. P. S. Have you done a loaf of the sourdough with roasted garlic yet?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have accidentally stepped on a cat's tail. She was scared 😱 and reacted. I hope 🙏 your scratch heals thoroughly.
    Your food looks delicious, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete