Friday, August 14, 2026

I CUT THE CHEESE

 NO NOT THAT CHEESE!!!  I cut a nice piece of cheddar cheese with that knife and I said "where have you been all my life?"  Wow ... it went through like butter and fell right off the edge.  I'm not sure about the tomatoes, but the CHEESE, it's a game changer.

But first, I was off on a run around the neighborhood.  VERY early since I was trying to miss the heat.  The sun was just coming up through the trees.


We have been getting the weirdest cloud formations this year .....


And even a mini tornado in the sky.  I've never seen anything like this one!


The good news is I actually RAN the entire 2 miles this time.  I really didn't think I could.  It happened mostly because I was so intent on the music I was listening to that I ran right past my turn.  When I finally looked up and didn't recognize the neighborhood, I turned around.  Maybe I should ditch the music!!

This sweet one was squawking, warning the neighborhood there was a crazy lady running around loose.


Back home I whipped up a quick breakfast.  I used the knife on the tomatoes, but really didn't notice that much difference, other than it was easy to cut through the peel.  The peels on homegrown tomatoes are much thicker than the tomatoes you buy in the store.  The piece of cheese I cut is on the bottom.  


Though I should not have, I followed that up with cantalope straight from the field.  Oh my Great Aunt Suzie ... there is nothing better than vine-ripened cantalope.


I followed that up with peanut butter ice cream.  Just kidding ... this was MUCH later in the day and I only ate one little scoop worth.


I wasn't going anywhere because I had a big Elks Trustee/Board meeting on this night.  I try to rest up so I don't scream and yell too much.  

This is the Cascade Subduction Zone outside of Washington state.  I've watched this program on Nat Geo previously.  If you haven't seen it, take a look-see if you can.  This is just amazing.  This is where the earths crust slips below the other crust.  


They go on to show how the last major earthquake happened in the 1700's.  Most likely a 9 on the Richter scale.  This picture show's what it looks like and how the top portion avalanches down on the one going under.  It's an amazing program to watch.  

It's also pretty scary, and why I have not moved to the Oregon-Washington coast.  Turns out we are almost past due for another one of these big earthquakes that will create tsunamis 40-60 foot tall.  

If you see this show on your Guide, be sure and watch it.  It's fascinating.


And then I was off to the meeting.  I knew this was going to be a doozy, and it was.  I literally got booed and applauded.  The problem is these folks have not been around long enough to know what's actually going on, or to know the ins and outs.  And they don't believe me when I tell them.  Thank goodness on this night I had backup.  I literally got out of there at 9:30.  A four hour meeting!!!

The good news is the the gal who has been helping me with sourdough bread, brought my second case of jam jars.  


Along with that came four pounds of Elephant heart plums.  No I've never heard of them either, but the last batch I made was the best I've ever had in my life.  I jumped up and down!!  I get to make another batch!!!


Unfortunately it won't be happening for a few days because I'm off to Sacramento.  At least I think I am, after I take care of a line of business stuff first.  I would not normally go, but I'm trying to make sure Kitters understands that when I leave for a few days, I always come back.  Not sure that's going to work, but I'm trying ....... because ......... I'll be going back to Maui next month.

It still does not distract me from my sweet boy being gone.  





3 comments:

  1. Have a great weekend!
    Drive safe!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maui in September!!! Good for you. Kidders will be fine, Elks can live without you, YOU have a great time when you go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Ed said, feel free to read…. You might want to add this to your list pertaining to the Cascadia fault It’s a good pro and con of having a spring or no spring
    https://www.washington.edu/news/2023/04/10/warm-liquid-spewing-from-oregon-seafloor-comes-from-cascadia-fault-could-offer-clues-to-earthquake-hazards/

    ReplyDelete