Monday, August 3, 2026

DID I YELL?!

 It was 101 outside on this day.  I should have stayed in bed.  I would have been MUCH ahead of the game.  

First off ... drive the van.  This has become a big pain in the patoo.  Had I known about all this stuff, even after surfing the internet, I would have bought something else.  I had the charger on it for two days, but I don't trust it one bit.  I would leave it longer, but that thing gets hot when it's plugged in.  

Once again it reminded me it is due for SERVICE A, which is an entire oil and fluid change.  I have 7,000 miles on it.  The book says 20,000 for the first oil change.  I'm pretty sure the last time they reprogrammed the computer, they put in GAS rig instead of DIESEL rig.  Even the Smog Guy said this things reads as a gas rig.  I ignored it completely, but expect it one day to say YOU DIDN'T DO WHAT YOU WERE TOLD SO WE ARE TURNING EVERYTHING OFF.  So sorry Charley.  Nope I didn't yell at this point in the day.


Breakfast was easy peasy ... the last of that asada meat with those fresh tomatoes.  YUM YUM!!


Oh ... you thought when I had to buy gas at $5.27 a gallon made me yell?  Nope it wasn't that.  Never have I ever spent this much for gas in my entire life.  This governor we have is the worst ever in history!  He has shut down the fuel companies with ridiculous regulations and they have moved their headquarters to Texas and closed most of the refiners we had.  Diesel is $7.69 a gallon.


Maybe it was when I had to load up all those boxes of to-be-shredded paperwork.  Nope, it wasn't that either.


It was when I realized I had put five bills on auto pay, expecting to receive the credit card any day.  The card never appeared.  I had to cancel it, order another card and try to reprogram those account payments.  It didn't help that the internet just was not working well on this day.  It would send me a VERIFY numbers but I never received them.  I didn't even yell at that.

What I DID yell at was Dish Network, who somehow changed my service address to 4001 Hospital Road.  I don't live at 4001 Hospital Road.  Of course I got the gal who knows nothing about this process.  She wanted my PIN number.  I don't have one.  Oh yes you do.  I gave her three different ones.  Nope ... not it.  By then I was yelling at her to just change the address.  After ten minutes of back and forth, she finally said "the pin ends in ss".  What?  Maybe I've been hacked because none of my password names or numbers have ss in them.  My patience disappeared when I turned 70.

  I asked her for the last time ... what are you talking about?  Oh ... the last four of your social.  She finally changed the address but refused to change the auto pay account.  I have absolutely NO patience for those people, and the fact that their website wasn't working didn't help.  I'm sure that payment is NOT going to go through.  Big sigh!!

I soothed my mad brain with the last two Oreos from the plane.  These are full sized.  See what I mean about being stingy on the filling?  The cookie does NOT look like the picture.


It's barely 1/16th inch thick.  At least they were free!!


I didn't yell about dinner.  It was a smoked paprika, chicken and rice affair.  Not bad.


This is the new rice I tried.  It was something we got at an Indian restaurant in Sacramento.  If you like Basmati Rice, this is a good one.  I actually found it at Walmart no less.


The rest of the evening was spent finishing up yet another quilt binding.  I think I still have three more to go, not counting the FOUR with names embroidered on them.  I really hope I can get them finished in time.


If this sweetheart was still around, I'm sure I would not be yelling at the AI incompetence I've been running into.   Nothing irritates me more than listening to a robot that has no idea what I'm talking about and then tries to upsell me for three minutes before connecting me with a representative.  And it seems to be getting worse, not better!!

Anyway, I miss my sweet boy ........ hopefully today will be a better day.



3 comments:

  1. The official oil change interval for a 2025 diesel Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van is every 20,000 miles or 1 year, whichever comes first, when using approved full-synthetic oil and a fleece oil filter.Maintenance Schedule FactorsSevere Duty: Mercedes recommends shortening the interval to every 10,000 miles if you frequently tow heavy loads, drive in dusty conditions, idle extensively, or make short stop-and-go city trips.Biodiesel Users: If using biodiesel blends, the maintenance interval is cut down to 1 year or 10,000 miles.ASSYST PLUS: Modern Sprinters feature an onboard electronic system that evaluates environmental and usage factors to alert you when service is due

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the oil change notification is not working correctly.
    Our weather has been in the 80s, I'm not complaining.
    Hopefully you will get your Sprinter van reprogrammed.
    Stay cool!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so frustrating to try and change any accounts, etc. in today's world. I just dread having to call to make changes and deal with "customer service" people who do not speak proper or understandable English. Hope you get it all straightened out. Take care.

    ReplyDelete