Friday, July 31, 2026

YOU DID WHAT?

It was a VERY busy day, but first ... let's have a cup of fake coffee in my pretty new cup.  ALOHA!! 


That's when I walked by the bedroom door to find this.  Miss Kitters snoozing on MY bed.  She didn't move an inch.  It must have been a long night!


While waiting for the plumber, I went through an extra drawer of silverware I found.  I must have enough for at least 50 people.  Time to downsize ... mostly because I'm donating it to the apartment in Maui.  At one time I had three houses, which is why THIS house is full of stuff!!


The very nice plumber guy showed up right on schedule.  Too bad I'm not a little younger.  I showed him the problem and he went right to work.  He replaced one little seal on the cartridge, but that didn't give me any hot water.  He finally removed the supply line, to find it plugged completely.

He went about unplugging it until I said CAN WE JUST REPLACE IT?  He said of course.  No use putting that one back in if it's just going to get clogged up again.  LOOKIE HERE!  I have WATER.  And the faucet didn't leak a drip.  


It was 9:00 when I looked around and said NOW WHAT?  I mentioned yesterday that I had these doll heads.  Don't get weirded out.  They are made of porcelain, fired (which is weird to see all these heads and body parts in a kiln) then you clean, sand and paint.  You have full control here ... painting the eyebrows, the cheeks and the lips, before inserting the eyes, whatever color you want.


The bottom one looks possessed, but no ... she's just got blue eyes.  The problem is that the lady two towns over who had all the parts and pieces, along with the kiln and expertise to teach this hobby, retired and moved away.  I was completely disappointed.  I searched around, only to find one or two back in Tennessee.  That's a little too far to go for a hobby.


I had completed several before giving most of them away.  I kept this girl because she was the first one I finished.  Don't you just love that dress?  If you look closely, even her hands and feet are painted.  


I had a lot of fun making these and I wish I could continue today.  I'm afraid it's a lost art.


Lunch was a little better than yesterday ... carne asada street tacos without the cilantro because it got left off my Walmart order.


Then I went completely off my rocker.  I had made a trip to the garage, only to be stared down by ELEVEN boxes of old tax records.  And that's not even the current ones.  I really need to get rid of these.  I called my accountant to see if maybe they had someone do their shredding.  

Wasn't I shocked to hear them say BRING THEM BY next Tuesday.  No folders, no clips.  That meant I had to go through every single box and REBOX them.  


Well over three hours later, here's what got done.  I still have three big boxes in the garage, but I'm done for the day.  The good news is I never have to buy another clip or paper clip in my life.  Too bad I still have boxes to do, but there's always another day.


About the pool story.  My friend goes to a local gym pool to swim every morning.  I need to work on my swim fin muscles.  I'll sign up.  NO NO she said, the pool is closed for the next month.  So I went to the OTHER town to sign up with the same company.  I should have looked first.  AFTER I signed up, I discovered their pool is half as long as this one pictured here.  There is just no way!


Come to find out, THAT is the pool she thought was Olympic sized.  NO MA'AM ... that's tiny pool.  To make it worse, I timed my trip home to a long 35 minutes.  That's a lot of extra gas for a small pool.  I just went online and cancelled the membership.  

This sized pool is in their OTHER gym even FURTHER away from me ... but it's an awesome place that I used to belong to years ago.  SO ..... drive further for a nice pool workout and suck up the cost of the fuel, or go local and swim where you have to make reservations every single day in a teeny tiny pool.  I'm undecided, but I have a feeling the bigger facility is going to win out.  It's all free with my insurance, so that's the good part.

I would show you the fabulous chicken marsala I had planned for dinner, but that included those mushrooms I had to return.  I think dinner is going to be Fritos and a Pepsi.  Aren't you glad you don't live here?????  

Is this not the cutest picture EVER?  He did love his toys.  I hope everyone has a FABULOUS day!



3 comments:

  1. Love your new coffee mug.
    The pic of Cooper is adorable.
    Have a fabulous Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy your doll and the heads are beautiful....too bad the lady retired and moved. Kitters looks very relaxed on your bed.
    Have a good weekend !
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your doll! My Mom did the dolls back in the '90's and made so many. I did make several of the dresses and that tedious sewing is really not my cup of tea. In my area during the summer they have free shredding events. It is sponsored by our local fire council and they secure grants to pay for it. They have a huge box truck that comes and your documents are put into a container and then shredded right in front of you. I now have only the documents I need to save and it is a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete