Wednesday, July 29, 2026

FULL MOON BINGO! OH NO!

 Can you believe it?  I missed TWO Bingo nights this month ... but really, I didn't miss it at all!!  And here we are at the next Tuesday night.  It didn't take long at all to discover it was a full moon without even looking outside.


But FIRST ... breakfast was two little Oreo's that we got on the plane.  How disappointing they were.  Just look at this.  Not only did they minimize the frosting, it's thinner than ever before.  I bet there's not HALF as much as there used to be.  Oreos ... you just got marked off my list, even if these were FREE.


This is Kitters every morning position now.  Truly, she follows me around like a puppy dog, meowing and talking constantly.  


When not sleeping, she plays racehorse around the living room before jumping up on the table and dragging down her feather toy.  There aren't many feathers left on it now.  It is interesting how she goes for the string more than the feathers.  


Enough of that.  In an effort to keep me from sitting TOO much, I stitched up a back for the next quilt.  That nice line of fabric is in the middle of the back.  Any time you see this, it means either there was not enough fabric or I made a big mistake in measuring, which just happened to be the case this time.  It made for a lot of extra work!!


Meanwhile, back at the ranch .................


Then it was on to feeding my sourdough starter. Once it finally gets going, you can keep it in the fridge for several weeks.  Bring it out, feed it flour and water and let it sit on the counter for 5-6 hours before stowing it back in the fridge.  I'm almost out of bread, so maybe I'll bake another loaf next week.


And then it was time to head on off to Bingo.  I got a big THANK GOODNESS YOU ARE BACK from the bookkeeper.  The other trustee guys do a bang-up up job signing checks, but never remember to initial everything.  That took me 30 minutes, followed by a HOLY COW when I checked up on our PG&E true-up.  We have solar panels ... as many as we can possible squish on the roof, and still our bill is outrageous.  Let's just say I could buy a new car with that money!

Downstairs once again, I was met with my latest sweet volunteer Connie.  She is a long time Bingo player who comes in early to help me set up the table.  I didn't even give a thought to the fact that there was a full moon in the sky.  Ten minutes after the first game started and I got a BIG reminder!!

A nice little old man in the far back corner got a bingo.  He called it, but I tell people all the time, you have to SCREAM it out!  If the caller doesn't hear you (the machine he sits at is VERY loud) and he calls the next number, you lose.  And that's what happened.  

Talk about pitchforks, shovels, knives, spears, daggers, flaming torches, everything the crowd could get their hands on!!!  It was SO LOUD I grabbed my phone and dialed 91 while waiting for the shoe to fall.  And they DID NOT STOP!  I thought Mark was going to be drawn and quartered!!  He stuck to his guns though ... rules are rules ... but the roar didn't subside for a full TEN minutes.  

Finally I heard SHUT THE F.... UP.  GET OVER IT!!!!!  IT'S DONE!!!  And that came from a lady Bingo player!  The crowd finally calmed down and they finished the game.  Good grief ... I thought I was going to have to finish the 911!!!


Is it a FULL MOON?  Why yes it was.  Had I known, I would have warned the caller!!  Let me just say from then on, you could hear BINGO from outside the building and half way down the street!!  The caller went and talked to the nice man, who agreed he should have said it louder.  Next time my friend!!

With that, my right hand gal picked up dinner for us ... chicken fingers.  I'm not really a fan of ranch dressing, but these were the best I've ever had here!!!


I kept my head down for the rest of the night so I didn't get yelled at too.  It went quite well and the infernal machine balanced to within $1.00.  That's good enough for me and I was out the door.

Lucky me, I get to deal with the gardener this morning, followed by accounting work.  I didn't miss either one of those things while I was gone!  Hopefully the full moon doesn't leak over this morning!!




2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a crazy Bingo night.
    Glad you were able to balance and slip out the door.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wild and crazy night and those folks are adults !
    Kitters laying by her brush is a big hint ! LOL
    Sue

    ReplyDelete