I was up early. It now seems that kitty kitty has decided to sleep on the end of my bed. I guess that's okay because she stays far away and is VERY light-footed. But in the morning, she wakes up and just stares at me until I get up ... then it's meow meow meow!!!
There were a few things on the menu. First up, the gardener. We had a little talk in the back yard about how bad the weeds were and not picking up what I had sawn off the tree. He got out his CHAIN SAW and chopped it up to put in the trash can. Good job. Then I had to laugh. For the third time, the sprinkler water was hitting the window by my desk.
There he was, parked outside right in front of the window to be sure he didn't get wet when the sprinkler went by. I tapped on the window and laughed. At least he got it fixed THIS time.
From there I posted on the internet that I could not CROP the pattern on my quilting machine since they updated it. The appropriate buttons had disappeared.
Some very nice lady posted this picture, which shows the CLEAR button (which I could not find) where it now resides ... way over on the far right of the screen. Before, it was top left. Thank goodness for Facebook Friends.
Then it was rush rush to the other side of town to return two Amazon items. The one they told me to buy in a larger size was too BIG and the one they told me to buy in a smaller size, was too SMALL. And of course they ALL came from China, so I had no problem whatsoever, returning them both. Is ANYTHING made in the U.S. any more?
Then I was off to Walmart. Apparently they have changed "grocery shoppers", because where I used to get amazing veggies, now I get CRAP. The mushrooms I ordered were three days past the pull date, and instead of WHITE mushrooms, they were nasty BROWN. What a waste of fuel and money, to drive all the way back, wait for 20 minutes, just to get a $1.99 refund.
I did get a smile on my face on the way home however. The guy up front on the left was diving in and out of traffic, speeding of course, when this motorcycle cop pulled right in behind him. I didn't even know there WERE motorcycle cops here. His lights were flashing red until the light turned green and they both pulled over. Well deserved I think ... well deserved!
There was three hours of accounting stuck in there somewhere, along with a long talk about paying bills online. You know all us old folks are old school, and heels were dug in until I explained that I do it all the time. Truly, it only came up because all the bills get pricey checks printed, expensive envelopes sealed and 80 cent stamps put on them. That's a LOT of expense. Money is the name of the game, so today I'll go over and give a demonstration. The new bookkeeper is ecstatic! It will save her HOURS!
When I got home, I totally expected to see this at the door. Alas, it was very quiet and no one greeted me.
With a big sigh, I fixed a little lunch. Y'all know I eat weird, right? I just throw together whatever I can find in the fridge. Sometimes it's meatloaf for breakfast in a tortilla, or maybe Fritos. You just never know. That's why I don't invite people over.
So today it was the last piece of pork loin from the freezer, stuck in lettuce pieces and covered with thousand island dressing and parmesan cheese. It wasn't the least bit tasty, but I ate it anyway while dreaming of Olive Garden pasta!
Next up ... I don't know what your under-sink cabinets look like, but mine were full to the brim. That makes it difficult for the plumber to repair stuff. Things like ant bait, floor polish, horse clippers and ceramic doll heads lived there. Yes ... ceramic dolls heads. Remember your grandmother's dolls that had ceramic heads? I used to make those heads from clay. One day I'll post a few pictures.
Anyway, now all the other counters in the laundry room are completely covered with junk. The plumber should be here at 9:00 they say, but I'm not holding my breath.
Since lunch was a bust, I figured to try something a little better for dinner. I got out these chicken burgers, hoping to do SOMETHING with just one. That's when I saw it ... the word SPICY. I didn't order SPICY. Is this another Walmart mistake? Why yes it is. Too bad I got these two months ago. Now I'm stuck with them.
I played Chef Nancy and wrapped it up in a big flour tortilla. I threw in lettuce, cheese and barbecue sauce. Yes ... yes it was awful, but I ate it until my mouth was burning like a fire pit. Enough of that!!
So when I heard the jingle of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, I literally RAN outside to meet the ice cream man. I'm pretty sure he's over 100 years old by the looks of his beard ... still riding his bicycle around the neighborhood with a freezer on the back. I don't know why this ice cream tastes so good, but it does. I dropped a $20 bill for these four, though they only cost $4 each. It's 95 degrees outside and he's still making children (and old ladies) happy!!! He deserved every penny.
Thank you for stopping by. Tomorrow I'll tell you about the swimming pool.
Good afternoon group I’m Nancy. I’m a hoarder
ReplyDeleteOh under my sink could use a cleaning out too. It is amazing how much stuff one can collect.
ReplyDeleteStay cool!
Frances:)