Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Getting Crafty With It

With the weather heating up to simmer, that's just before BOILING, which is what I felt like most of yesterday, I pretty much stayed inside.  Not that my house is much cooler, because I'm cheap.  

This comment has been removed by the author.  Don't you just hate it when people do that?  There's no use complaining about the heat OR PGE.  It does me no good ..........

SO .... I spent the majority of the day playing with Cooper and working on this new crafty project.  Many probably don't know I used to spend a lot of time in Hawaii.  That was Pre-Cooper time when I had no responsibilities.  I could live there!!  

Many hours were spent on the beach with butts in the air.  Why you might ask?   Because we were always bent over looking for sea glass.  There's a lot of it for the taking if you know where to look.  Best kept secrets and all that.  Give me a sieve on a beach and I'm in heaven!!


Over the years I've collected glass jars full of shells, sea glass and trinkets.  These jars are stashed all over my house.  It's time to do something with them.  After doing a little research, wasn't I surprised to find you could glue them on glass with what else ...... those half used tubes of silicone I had for the motorhome.  That's a win-win!!


I've no idea where I found this window frame.  It's pretty old and probably came from someone's kitchen cupboard.  Now to find a place to hang it in my cowboy/rustic lodge house!!  It will match the decor, right?


While retrieving a Fed-Ex package which turned into a lesson in concentration, I almost stepped on this big guy.  What the heck is it??  It's well over an inch long ... looks like a honey bee, no?  I've never seen anything like it.


As for the package, I purchased a flash trigger for my camera, but it turned out to be the wrong one.  I stuffed it in the box and mailed it back.  Trip 1.  They called to tell me I didn't send everything in the box.  I scrounged around the other things that go with the trigger and I found the cables.  I mailed them back.  Trip 2.  They called to tell me I didn't send everything in the box.  Get the picture?  Grumble grumble ... I scrounged around the other things that go with the trigger and I found the adapter.  I mailed it back.  Trip 3.

On the third trip, I spotted this guy.  Ooh la la Mr. Truck Driver.  You should have just run that yellow light instead of parking on the tracks.  I stayed WAY back so I would be out of the way of flying debris.  Lucky for him, the light turned green before he got hit by the train that was madly blowing his horn!!!


The rest of the afternoon was veg out time with the puppies.  Every time I sit down, I become a dog sandwich.  I love them dearly, but long for the days of Hawaii.  I'll post some pictures when I get a chance.


In other exciting news, the trap is set again.  In case you were wondering, TUNA is the magic word when it comes to skunks.  The cheaper, the better.  In fact, I've come to discover that those 50 cent cans of tuna can be cheaper than canned dog food!!  What a revelation!!  Cooper may have a new favorite!!


12 comments:

  1. It is a Xylocopa Sonorina, better known as the Valley Carpenter Bee or Hawaiian Carpenter Bee, found from western Texas to northern California, and the eastern Pacific islands. Females are black while males are golden-brown with green eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen or heard of it before. Do they sting??

      Delete
  2. Nice beach glass and shell ornament you created. You could go into production with it! As to the funny looking bee type I Googled it and it might be a member of the bee flies and they do not sting. Never seen one but perhaps they exist here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've lived in this valley for over 70 years and I've never seen one. Weird creature.

      Delete
  3. You may have to fire the MH genny and turn on the ac to stay cool. Been reading in the news about the extreme heat in n cal. We're just getting back to the low 80s here with lots of rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would take the rain over the heat, Doug.

      Delete
  4. You did good with that decoration. Very clever. I hate those intersections with train tracks and a traffic light!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elva! As a driver of big trucks, ME TOO!!!

      Delete
  5. Your craft project is absolutely beautiful! Would look awesome on a beach changing room, right by your pool! LOL. I'd love to see your pics of Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shirley. Maybe hang it by a hot tub???

      Delete
  6. Great job on the window frame! We will be on the Oregon coast next week and will look for some glass as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Oregon has some nice glass. I'm now looking for brown since I think "desert" goes better with "cowboy".

      Delete