Sunday, May 26, 2013

Farmers Market and Ben Franklin ...

While Dan repaired a motorhome problem yesterday morning, I washed my Jeep.  It was just too disgusting and covered in pitch from Grass Valley.  It took about 45 minutes to clean the pitch off with some magic goo I borrowed from Dan, but it stubbornly refused to come off the windows.  Washed and pretty, it wasn't 15 minutes before the rain started.

Patty and I decided to head out to Sand Point, about 50 miles away.  Everywhere you go there are huge rivers and lots of lakes.  Did I mention this country is gorgeous???  We passed a large sawmill ... the biggest I have ever seen.  It's good to see them still in business, because the bad economy has certainly hit here.

The first surprise was a Farmers Market in the center of town.  Not only were there lots of vegetable plants for sale, there was fresh bread, jams, pastries, goat cheese ... all hawked by "hippi-ish" locals.  Of COURSE I tasted lots of stuff and bought some wonderful roasted garlic bread along with dewberry/rhubarb jam.  We asked one nice lady if there were any quilting stores in this area.  "Oh I go to Portland" ... which is what we have heard from scores of people.  That's a little too far away!!!

No matter, we hit the local Ben Franklin store which has everything you could ever ask for in the way of crafts, including some nice quilt fabric.  The prices weren't so great, but I snagged a couple of pieces before we headed back home.  These are a combo of Joseph and Ben Franklin.
Miss Jessie spends her afternoons keeping watch on the neighborhood.
I've been having computer problems ... maybe someone has some answers!!  I'm currently on my Sprint MiFi Wireless, which is pretty slow, but lets me upload images on this blog.  I have a MacBook Pro and surf with Safari.  When I join the Motorpark internet, everything works fantastically fast ... except  it refuses to upload the images on this blog.    I've changed every setting I can think of, but can't seem to get it to work.  I have a limited amount of MiFi time, so would rather use the local internet I paid $25 for!!!  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment