Sunday, May 13, 2012

My First Wedding!!!

Okay, not mine ... but it IS the first wedding I have ever photographed!!  I swore I would never, under any circumstances, be the photographer for a wedding!  Too much liability ... if you mess up, you can't just go back and retake the shots.   But when my best friend Diane was going to officiate one of her good friends wedding, she said they would not have a photographer if I didn't go.  Diane is also a good photographer, but couldn't take the pictures if she was marrying them.  So I packed up every piece of camera equipment I have, including two of everything!!!  I charged 16 batteries, not counting the four for the cameras (yes, I took two cameras) and four flashes.  If nothing else, I was going to be PREPARED!!!

A great couple, Krissy and Fred got married in their beautiful back yard, next to Bear Creek.  Getting the "before" images was fairly easy.  Getting the "after" images was like pulling teeth!!  Everyone went in six different directions.  If you corralled one, two others skittered off!!  Here they are at the water's edge.
The lighting was great ... and with Diane's help, we were able to get plenty of images of the bride and groom.
Right after I took this image of the flowers, the Bride ran off to fix her hair and makeup, leaving the bouquet on the kitchen counter.  When she returned, we all walked out to the music, minus the bouquet!!!  After many hand signals and yelling, I finally got the message and ran back to the house, grabbed the bouquet and missed all the images of her going down the isle.
This last image will be used on their thank you cards being sent out to all.  A cute idea we stole from Diane's daughters wedding!!!  LOL  After lots of champagne and great cupcakes, I left Diane to finish up taking photographs of the party.  I guess it's a learning experience ... not sure I would do it again, but I am pleased with 48 of my images ... hope the Bride and Groom love them too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment