Monday, May 7, 2012

America's Favorite Past Time ......

It's baseball season, which means fun trips to San Francisco to watch the Giants play.  Having been World Series Champs, you would think our expectations would be crashed when they didn't play well.  That's not the case however, with Giant Fans.  Doesn't matter if they win or lose, we love to watch them play in one of the nations most spectacular "privately" owned parks.

Heading out in my new Jeep, I drive to Pleasanton and park in the Bart parking lot.  Space is limited, so two minutes on the computer provides me with a parking pass IF I get there before 10:00 a.m.  Hopping on Bart ($11.00 round trip ticket) gets me to Embarcadero Station where I change over to the Muni Train System.  10 minutes later I'm at the park.

A T & T park has been slightly remodeled and a new store added that sells game used bats, balls, jerseys and even bases.  Here's the rack of bats, some broken, each signed by the player.  They range from $300 to about $900.  I didn't say they were cheap!!!!!

Floating around above the park was this blimp from Hangar Vodka, providing great overhead views for the TV audience.  A little dicey because not only was the wind really blowing this particular day, it poured for the first 30 minutes of the game.  We got soaked!!!
We're playing the Miami Fish ... I mean the Marlins ... and in this image, taken from my seats with a
28-300 lens ..... he's SAFE!!!!
Unfortunately, the next batter didn't make it to the bases.  He struck out ... strike three!!
It was a close game, but in the end they won.  Our closer and top two hitters are out because of injuries and we have three rookies playing.  They still played good ... in this image he's OUT!!!!
Another fun day at the ballpark!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment