Monday, July 20, 2026

ROCKING AND ROLLING!

Good morning from Maui!!  This three hour time difference has my internal clock running backwards!!  Mornings generally look like this.  Lots of clouds and even a little rain.  


The chickens love it.  It beings out all the creepy crawlies for Mom chicken's babies to eat.  These guys live next door and are the cutest ever!  The sounds of chickens crowing and dogs barking wakes you up every morning at 5:00.  
 

That's the time I am usually out here on the porch with my computer.  There are always visitors.  Thankfully no centipedes on this day, but the lizards are out in full force eating up all the bugs.  Maui is definitely known for its nighttime bugs.  


On this day we planned to be back at the beach early for some paddle boarding and snorkeling.  We planned well ... but the ocean did not cooperate.  It was pretty rough when we arrived.  Cyndae finally took her board out, but stayed on her knees most of the time.  It was a rock and roll ride.

I on the other hand, watched the waves for a lull so I could get out and get my fins on.  At least I got that far before the big rollers started coming in.  I jumped the first one, but the second one was a good foot over my head.  Bad news for Nancy.  


Saltwater burns your eyes making it hard to see the next three big waves that hit me with a vengeance, every one of them pushing me further to shore.  I could not get my fins back under me to swim out and the rollers just kept on coming.  A nice man held me upright while I got the fins off and walked out.  So much for snorkeling today.


This is taken with the new little camera, which I think I finally learned how to use.  Not sure this is going to work, but it shows a little of the waves coming in.  I think I am out of snorkeling luck.  Cyndae came back in and said it was not a good ride ... way too much wave action.


So what do you do when the ocean does not cooperate?  You go look at multi million dollar mansions for sale.  These are located just above the condo we usually stay at.  We kept it low at first, checking out one of the condo units for sale for $899,000.  It's perfect ... right across the beach from where we just came from.

This one is up the hill a bit, only $2.1 million.  VERY nice, but I would have a little trouble making the $10,000 a month house payment.


We finally headed off to Target for some groceries, though neither of us have been cooking, and crashed when we got back.  It's was a long hard day and I think we are ready for some R & R.  No big plans today, except to see one more house.  Maybe we will even stop in at the pool.  The waves there seem to suit me better!!!



4 comments:

  1. Love your ocean pictures and housing is pricey over there. Have fun seeing the high end homes.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pricey is not the word. WAY out of MY league!! Even the worst is a million bucks.

      Delete
  2. Pictures are beautiful.
    Enjoy time just relaxing.
    Ocean certainly seems rough.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been very rough, but that's July. I doubt I will get back in the water. This is when they have many of their surfing competitions.

      Delete