Thursday, February 22, 2024

I Can Smell It

I was up early.  Not exactly by choice this time.  I could smell it ... the rain was coming.  Cooper and I wandered outside to find lots of black clouds heading our direction. 


A few minutes later the sun started to come up and the clouds spread out of bit.  It was colder than I had felt in awhile, but the rain never showed up here.


It didn't take long ... as the sun moved on up in the sky, Cooper and I walked the park once again.


Suddenly we came to a screeching stop.  See that little white thing under the tripod?  It's a ceramic dog.  Yes, we've passed it many times before, but today it must have been possessed by a ghost.  Cooper would not go near it.  He kept barking like it was going to eat him.  

Okay big guy ... we turned around and headed back the way we came, but not until Cooper gave it what for.


Soon I was off to the clubhouse, not realizing this was coffee and donuts day.  Yup ... free coffee and donuts.  Who could turn THAT down.  Well me ... because THIS is what magically showed up in my rig yesterday.  I'm sure it was the Ghost Dog!  He must like apple fritters as much as I do.


I worked on the puzzle for a bit, actually finding about 10 pieces.  I think that's a record for me.  This was a tough one.  A little while later Patsy and Susan came in to finish it up.  I contributed by handing them the pieces.  Check out Patsy's blog for the final picture.


Just before lunch I headed off for fuel since it's not so crowded at that time.  $3.95 is the going price for diesel.  Another $100 towards Arco's profit margin went flying out of my wallet.

That's when the wind came up and the cool blew in.  The weather just can't decide what it wants to do.  I walked over to the Richards rig and we chewed the fat while being entertained by Mr. Gibbs and his toy "Stuffy" whose name is now "Flatty".  You'll have to ask Patsy about that!  

It's cold ... so let's have some ice cream to finish off a nice day.


It's packing up time this morning.  I'll be on the road once again, heading into the even crazier weather of California.  Hopefully this two day break in the weather will be just enough to get me back to Bingo next week.  



10 comments:

  1. I could almost smell it too just based on your description. One of those smells that you never forget once you've lived in the desert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly ... you just know it. One of my favorite things.

      Delete
  2. Yesterday was a little windy and cooler here too but still great weather. I had put most of my short sleeve tops away so I had to get some back out. Have a safe travel day.
    .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't take enough short sleeve shirts. I need to pack better!!

      Delete
  3. Hoping for good weather and safe travels on your way home today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drive safe Nancy!
    I'm praying for you to have a safe trip!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frances ... so far it's been perfect. I was lucky to find a two day window!!

      Delete
  5. Drive safe. With that debt that Newsom has run up ($97.5 billion budget surplus he touted for 2022 and NOW has a realistic forecast of a $68 billion deficit for 2024), anyway, California will start collecting donations at those Agriculture Inspection Stations real soon... lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the first time in a LONG time, they were open today and asking what you had in your fridge. I was surprised. If they want money, I'm broke! LOL

      Delete