Thursday, January 26, 2023

Yuma Here I Come!!!

 Good Morning YUMA!!  But first, a little catch up.  Here's Jonathan doing his impersonation of Yoda.  Every night he gets wrapped up in this feather comforter to help keep in the warm.  I have one of those heat readers and it seems to stay about 75 degrees.  He prefers 80, but seems to be doing okay.  


Remember I mentioned Bill put a new keypad on my door handle?  I figured it would be so much easier than carrying that wad of keys, but just because I'm the cautious sort, I took the wad with me.  It was a good thing because when I returned, the keypad wouldn't work.  Neither did the key fob.  The batteries died and didn't tell me.  Lucky I was able to get in.  That was a big WHEW!!!



Shortly after, Bill stopped by again and asked if I needed propane.  Yes please!!  So we took out my tank and headed off to RV Lifestyles who now has a sweet setup behind their building.  There's two lanes to get your tanks filled.  I think this was $20.00.  Fast ... and service with a smile!!!


Once back, I wanted to fill up my fuel tank.  The Arco station close to the RV park is my go to.  They ALWAYS have the cheapest fuel.  It started out at $4.05.  Every day we watched it go up until I decided to fill up.  NO DIESEL!  No kidding ... only big trucks could get diesel behind the building.  

No problem, Terribles has set up on the other side of town.  Diesel there was $4.59 a gallon, but I didn't quibble since it's still $5.89 in California.  It's a great station ... lots of room to get in and out, clean ... it worked for me.

Besides, right next door is Carls Junior.  Not having my favorite food in my fridge, I did a drive by for a bacon, chicken and Swiss sandwich.  YUM YUM!!


Add some onion rings and $12.00 buys me dinner for two days.  It was really good by the way.


I took my time hooking up Wednesday morning ... prepared for an electric bill of over $100 since I'd been running the electric heater to keep us warm.  $33.00 ... can you believe it?  I was shocked.  Next time I'll turn the heat up a little more!!

Patsy came down to help me, checking the lights that didn't seem to work.  I was so relaxed about it I forgot to plug in the power cord.  AND I WAS OFF!!


It was a nice leisurely drive with very little traffic.  I pulled in to the Proving Grounds (you ALL know where this is) for a quick puppy stop before continuing on.


Yup ... the green corner going into Yuma.


Once I arrived at Yuma Palms, the guards were not at the gate.  I tried to sneak through, but was afraid the gates would slam shut on me.  Bad move ... I ended up with several cars behind me and no one in the shack to open the gate.  At long last they showed up and I drove down to Ray and Cindy's house.  

It was a little hard backing in, what with the curb and all, but we made it.  Here's Cooper and I relaxing a bit ... with his ball close by of course.


Cindy prepared the most fascinating and fabulous dinner I've ever had ... but I'll tell you about it tomorrow.  It takes some describing.

At 7:00 we walked down to the clubhouse for Open Mic Night.  Who knew Ray was a stand up comedian?  They had singers, dancers, ukulele players and lots of fun.  


This morning we are off to an estate sale ... think FABRIC ... so I'll catch up with you tomorrow morning.  You are going to be very surprised at what we had for dinner.


13 comments:

  1. Glad you made it there ok. When I first saw that picture of Johnathan covered in his blanket, I thought "She takes him out of his cage and he stays wrapped up like that!"...until I realized the entire cage was wrapped in that blanket. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's his traveling cage. Fits in the truck seat and seatbelts in. I couldn't heat the big cage enough to keep him warm.

      Delete
  2. Glad all went and Jonathan stayed fairly warm. Enjoy your fabric search today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been fun Doug ... could be a little warmer though.

      Delete
  3. Lol...Dave...I had the same thought. I had to go back and look at the picture. I'm looking forward to the dinner reveal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys are funny! If that comforter was around Jon, he would have chewed it to pieces!!

      Delete
  4. I wondered at first how you wrapped Jonathan up and then the brain kicks...he is in his cage...lol
    Looks like we missed you by one day. Enjoy your continuing quest to have the biggest fabric stash.
    Looks like we missed you by one day...🙁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like I'm missing EVERYONE by one day, darn it! Algodones was calling.

      Delete
  5. Even before your commentary the first thought in my head was 'Yoda'. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eskimo might be more appropriate, but he looked like Yoda to me!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you are having an amazing time! I don't think the diesel prices are ever going down again. Gas is higher here in NV than in parts of CA. Oh well, you can't take it with you LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to hang out with this group! I just wish I could stay longer.

      Delete
  7. Sorry, I'm slow at catching up. Glad you arrived safely. Is my mouth going to water at Cindy's meal? The Carl's burger and rings looked great too!

    ReplyDelete