Thursday, June 2, 2022

How Lucky Can I Be??

 It's way too early in the morning to have problems.  Especially internet problems that require brain power.  It seems Blogger has a bad stomach ache.  No matter what manner of Tums I feed my computer, it just doesn't want to load images.  

It wouldn't let me make comments and it only loaded one picture.  So ... there's going to be lots of typing and not so many pictures.  

I've probably never mentioned I actually have one nephew who lives in Idaho.  I think I've seen him once in the last twenty years.  Surprise, I received this picture of him fishing in the rain and snow in Yellowstone National Park a couple days ago.  Nice fish, but they have to throw them back.  Seems he's become a master fly fisherman.

I tried that once and ended up tied to the boat when I whipped that rod around like I was roping a calf.  It was not a pretty picture.  I gave away everything fly fishing the next day.


I spent the morning sipping coffee, sewing another quilt square and working on my saddle.  It's way past time for the spa treatment she deserves.  Although I've kept all my equipment in the house, they do dry out.  Leather is like your skin ... well it IS skin actually.  It needs to be kept moist or it will crack and split.  

How lucky can I be ... she's still in pretty good condition ... she just needs to be oiled.  Although I love the light leather color, oiling gives her a nice suntan.  Too bad that doesn't work for me.  You can see I just oiled the fender (the part holding the stirrup where your feet go).  It will lighten up a bit as it soaks in.


Once that was done (I still have the seat to go), it came to my attention I've been getting some weird emails.  They all go to JUNK mail, but that has to be checked.  No matter how many times I add addresses to my GOOD list, they never seem to go there.  

With over 200 to wade through, I couldn't believe my eyes.  How lucky could I be??

My package from Home Depot arrived, though I know not what it is.  Maybe a surprise birthday present.  I have been awarded a free iPod and magic keyboard (whatever that is) and a cooler from Dick's Sporting Goods.  Can you believe it?  I also won a Dewalt drill in a drawing I don't think I ever entered, and money is coming in from the settlement on my window claim (??).  

Maybe "I" should be playing Bingo!!  I also won a $500 Shell gas card (WOOHOO) and a Craftsman tool shed.  I should be heading on out to Las Vegas for the big bucks!!

Lastly, I was CHOSEN by FedEx.  What for, I have no idea, but it seems I've been extremely lucky!  All I have to do is give them my bank account number and I'm IN LIKE FLYNN!!

This is going to be it for the day.  My patience quota is rather tiny and it's been overflowing for the last hour as I try to get Blogger to load pictures.  Maybe I will be luckier tomorrow and win that brand new four-horse aluminum trailer with living quarters!!!  Now THAT'S a prize!!

Cyndae arrived and we checked out her rental that is going on the sales market.  That's a whole other story for later!!





8 comments:

  1. Great picture of your nephew :) I've always wanted to fly fish, just haven't done it yet. Love your saddle, she is a beauty! The emails and trash are ridiculous! Looking forward to the rental story..lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried that fly fishing ... once was enough! LOL

      Delete
  2. Maybe your nephew is having fun but it looks too cold, damp and dreary for me!! Especially when you can't bring the fish home for a meal.
    Nice to get a picture sent after so long though.
    Yes, Blogger seems to have a mind of its own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right with the fishing!! At least be able to bring them home after all that cold and wet!!

      Delete
  3. You might have noticed that after Blogger changed their Format a few years ago they removed the "Feedback" button so nobody could report any problems.
    Too many Spammers out there these days.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about the feedback and spammers. They make me crazy!!!

      Delete
  4. Sell NOW Cyndae while people still have "SOME" Money still!

    I got a Facebook Message from a cousin, asked if it was "ME" in this video. Clicked, it did not look right, got out of it before it finished opening. Looked it up on Google and it would have taken me to a fake Facebook page wanting my Facebook credentials. These scammers are really trying hard....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessirree ... I got the same message, but didn't open it. I have to admit spammers are getting more creative!!

      Delete