Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Movie Day!!

While the feeling of being on a horse again still lingers, I'm trying to keep occupied so I don't rush out and buy one or two or four.  Yes I already found a small ranch for sale, but it's too far out, a long dirt road and at least two houses on one shared well.  I'm passing for the moment, hoping the feeling will wear off ..... eventually.  It's back up against the mountain in this picture.

In the meantime, I've had a few other four legged visitors that I love to see.  These are some healthy babies.  If you watch, you will see this beauty smelling the ground in this area.  It happens that this was the day Doug and Yuma left after Yuma's morning walk down my path to the water station and beyond.  No doubt the coyote is smelling every step Yuma took.  This is why you never EVER leave your dogs tethered outside your rig day or night unless you are sitting right there. 


My morning was filled with list after list trying to remember everything I required for repairs and fun.  There were sprinkler line parts, a big plastic tub, Cooper's new (on sale) blanket under which to hide his ball so he can dig it out again (that goes on for hours) and some new batteries for the beep beep beeper.
 All that come from Ace Hardware, my newest favorite superstore!  

The very next night, the pack appeared.  I don't usually see so many together.  They hunt alone at night and only gather up, by howling their location to each other, in early morning hours when they head back to their dens.  During the day they hide out under scrub brush or in holes if they can find them.
  

Here's another example of their amazing noses.  This guy is smelling me.  My scent is all over that piece of concrete because I moved it to clean out the water station.  It was full of nasty green water and moss.  Now they've got clean water to drink.  It's just so fun to watch how they interact.


On the "this is pretty funny side", Cooper's best friend is Halo (in Calif).  When Halo gets to go out front of his house, he runs over to my front door and barks so Cooper can come out and play.  Apparently they were both really good this year because Santa brought them the exact same toy for Christmas!!  Halo's Mom and I got a good laugh out of this one because neither knew what the other was getting.


And so another day passed by with no new problems ... well except for that bill from AT&T stating I had an additional $45.00 added on for international calling.  It didn't take me long to call them and find out what's up.  

Have you been getting text messages from AT&T?  I knew they were fraud and blocked every one, but somehow they got me anyway and charged up the fees, including a video and several text messages.  Thankfully, AT&T took off all the charges.  They said if it was possible, to forward any messages to a special number, which of course I cannot now find.  I'll keep looking.

Anyway, keep a close eye on your bill if you have received any weird text messages from AT&T or any number you do not recognize.  Otherwise, have a great day!!


18 comments:

  1. Halo and Cooper are just too adorable with their new toys! :) love the trail cam video! A ranch in that area would be something else I've got to say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be fun, but I may be too old to start something new.

      Delete
  2. Great trail camera shots! We only have a few bills, most of which are the same amount every month, so it is pretty easy to see if one is off. Never heard of the international text thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that weird? I know if I go to Mexico I have to turn my phone off, so I'm guessing that's where the minutes went to.

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year! A ranch and horses, Santa would have a hard time slipping that into the bag and down the chimney.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right ... Maybe just the horse! LOL

      Delete
  4. Great Coyote shots. I think the pack came together looking for YOU to thank you for all that water your provide!

    I have gotten real good about stopping spam calls, but texts are another problem which is harder to stop. You are 'afraid' to send back a 'stop' command because that tells them it is a good phone number and some will sell it to the spammers. The big three carriers are doing good about stopping the spam calls too, I only get a dozen a week instead of 15-20 per day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it exactly. I think in blocking them, they picked up whatever they needed to start making calls. I seem to get more of them now than in the past.

      Delete
  5. Love the video cam movies! They are so clear.
    Halo and Copper are so cute with their new toys. Gibbs doesn't get soft toys, he eats them. Well he eats the hard ones to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Gibbs, you make me laugh. Cooper doesn't eat them any more, but he did for the first three years.

      Delete
  6. Jerry was very impressed with your Ace Hardware. Those videos are awesome. Cooper and Halo are so cute. Cindy got a toy for Christmas and she actually plays with it. I need to start playing with her so she can move. She's the laziest dog I've ever seen. Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ace has expanded double it's original size ... MUCH better than before. I think Cindy just needed someone to play with her. You know she loves it!!!

      Delete
  7. I'm getting weird texts from Verizon so I should probably check my bill, too.

    Halo and Cooper are both so cute it's hard to resist wanting one of my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check. The texts I got said they were from AT&T, and some were just from some number that said check this out.

      Delete
  8. A ranch in Arizona for horses. Now that may draw Dolly out here. 😁 Those coyotes had lots of smells to smell. Bet Cooper and Halo are missing each other. 😥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that would be nice ... to meet Dolly. Those coyotes had lot of YUMA to smell! LOL

      Delete
  9. Great videos of the coyotes.
    A ranch and rescue horses, well if anyone can put it together I would bet on you.
    Congratulations on your blue ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love capturing those critters on camera. Otherwise you never see them.

      Delete