Friday, September 24, 2021

Spider Meets Kitty Kitty

It’s sad when the most exciting part of your day is watching a kitty interact with a rather large spider.   Even more interesting is the time it now takes to download said video to the page.  Even if I cut the video in half, it still takes 20 minutes to get each one on the blog.  It makes me wonder why.   

 

               


Probably the least fascinating day in the last few weeks, I actually had to do some real work, as in accounting for a dear lady I've known for many years.  It's not hard work at all, but it takes time to input the data and get it to balance to the bank statements.  You know, the kind of work I rarely do for myself.  It's like the mechanic who never repairs his own car, I'm terrible at all that filing and organizational stuff.


The best part was when she told me to check out the Halloween House around the corner.  You may have to enlarge this to get the full picture.  Not one, but TWO giant spiders on the house along with dozens of life-size skeletons.



There’s even an almost life-size headless horseman!!  Who wouldn’t love to have THIS all over their house.  It even lights up at night!!  Of course there’s always the down side … who takes all this stuff down and where the heck do they store it???  I better add that to my list of Prince Charming qualifications.



I'm still dealing with those fire ant bites on Mr. Cooper.  He just can't help but chew on this leg, so I finally covered it with handy dandy horse tape.  Truly, it's not as tight as it looks.  He just has skinny legs under all that fur.


To make up for it, we set up a play date with Halo from next door.  He is NOT a runner and never leaves either his yard or mine.  I've no idea why he's so partial to my yard.  While neither get out around other dogs much, they seem to love to play chase and get along just fine.  

 
Thankfully, the front yard does not have ants ... that I have found anyway.  You can tell it's a little warm with their tongues hanging out!!


And so the day ended with a little more money in my pocket.  Any time that happens, it's a good day in my book.  This morning Cooper's leg is much better, but I wrapped it up again anyway.  That of course involved a few treats to make it all better!  



6 comments:

  1. WOW, that is A LOT of Halloween stuff at that house. If you expect 'Prince Charming' to handle all that stuff, you had better set your sites on a 'young one'. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha you make me laugh. You mean I have to rob the cradle??

      Delete
  2. Even if I cut the video in half, it still takes 20 minutes to get each one on the blog. It makes me wonder why…. Answer is a real Internet Server
    If you ever do meet Prince charming 🦸‍♂️ on a 🐎 ((sorry couldn’t find a white one). don’t look at his bank account look and see what he has in his backyard like may be a RV Barndominium That way you know you can store a lot of your stuff his stuff ?? then check out his kitchen skills πŸ‘πŸ‘Ž

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! Storage and cooking ... both things I could use!!

      Delete
  3. Thought about putting videos on my blog but think now I won't. Don't have the patience. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on your area and just how many kids in the neighborhood are home schooled. Even the hard line internet in my area is terrible according to those who have it.

      Delete