Thursday, August 5, 2021

The Flowers Are Happy!!

 I'm not sure what you call this season in the desert.  To call it monsoon is cool, but is that spring, winter or what?  It feels like mid summer except for the rains and the happy flowers.


These beauties go on for a couple of miles, so on the way back from Redington, I had to stop.  Say cheese!!


It was the color that caught my eye.  This trailer is parked nearby, so I finally decided to stop and see what it was.  It says Fuzions, which of course gave me no clue whatsoever.  The snow cone looking thing however ... I think I got that.  

Might as well try what they are famous for.  A S'mores flavor fuzion.  Turns out it's similar in nature to a shave ice from Hawaii, with a twist.  It's some kind of shave ice (possibly flavored), followed by ice cream (possibly flavored), followed by MORE shave ice possibly ..... well you get the picture.  


After the first four bites of whipped cream, a tad of chocolate sauce and a few graham cracker crumbs, my mouth was pretty frozen.  There was some kind of flavor there, I just couldn't tell what it was.  The second trailer parked in the same area has coffee things.  Maybe I'll try that next time.


With the grass growing knee high to an elephant's eye, I drug the lawn mower out at 6:00 am the next morning to beat the heat.  I hope the neighbors were already up, although they are some distance away, so maybe the noise wasn't too bad.  With that done, I began trimming this huge tree.  

I should have arms like The Rock when I finish this job.  It's so nice to have rain in the desert, but boy does it make things grow like a teenage boy!!


I checked my critter cam, like I do every morning and found this baby gracing my back yard again.  I mean really, this is one of the most elegant cats I've ever seen.  She just did a drive by, but that's okay.  Truly, if you look around at all the houses being built in this area, it's surprising that so many animals still hang out here.


I'll be taking Cooper for his early morning walk today.  It's nice when it's a tad cooler and so fun to watch him track down scents.  I'm sure he could be a drug dog.  You can see him search back and forth along a path until he finds what he's tracking, or until I drag him away from the bush where a snake probably lives.  It pays to be extra careful!!



7 comments:

  1. Oh those flowers are gorgeous! Yes this time of the morning is the only time to be outside..I want the heat done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s called 👉mid Summer monsoon . Or O-crap not again
    Trade the lawnmower in for a gallon of solve all your problems your best friend Mr. Roundup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For down the road thinking for your washout
      Apparently it’s been out for a little while but this is the first time I’ve ever seen it .. seems like a great idea
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8thPw0M1Beo

      Delete
    2. LOL ... yup my thoughts exactly. That's an interesting road repair system, but most likely too expensive. I'll look into it.

      Delete
  3. That is a LOT of flowers...in August in the desert! WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that something? And they are along several roads around here.

      Delete