Friday, February 12, 2021

Some Days I Amaze Myself

Although I truly can't remember the last time that actually happened, there MUST have been a time or two when I was surprised I could actually accomplish something.  Maybe in my younger days!  Now the laundry seems to go in the oven more than the washing machine!! 

It's been an adventure just cleaning out the motorhome of all those things I purchased over the last ten years.  There were two washed wool bird houses, something a self respecting bird would NEVER use, two wooden Indian flutes to add to my collection of six, a few VERY old music CD's stuffed in a corner because they were so awful and dozens of rocks and seashells.  Ahhh so THAT'S where I put my gloves I couldn't find for weeks!!

You know when you walk that trail or beach and find that really interesting rock you put in your pocket?  I was shocked to find how they had multiplied in the cupboard over the last few years.  The seashells .... well maybe they are the reason for the smell that kept hitting me in the face every once in awhile.

Taking a break from all the cleaning, the Chance house invited me to have a Mexican dinner OUT.  I do love the food and wish I could duplicate it.  This is shredded beef enchiladas with beans and rice.  The rice I can do, the beans probably came from a can, easy peasy.  It's the SAUCE that makes the meal.

Here's the latest on the fence.  I sent this picture of my back yard.  do you think he will figure it out THIS time?  Just to make sure, I have to run for the border of California today.  It's not going to be a fun trip I fear, since it will be just two puppies and me in the Jeep.  

It's a new experience ... an adventure ... to gather up everything I will need to get us there, like dog food, dog blankets, dog box, dog toys ... and my fervent hope to find a DOG friendly hotel along the way.  That being said, you may not hear from me tomorrow.  I might be napping at a Flying J for the night!!

This was nice surprise yesterday morning as I checked the game camera.  What a BEAUTY!!  I'm surprised that she is alone and not with a few of her cohorts.

She sauntered off up the hill to park herself under my big tree.  At least that's what I see in the fresh tracks.

I'm off to try and slip in a nap before I leave.  Those FIVE trains that went by this morning between 3 and  4:30 have me a little wasted!!  

It's another ADVENTURE!!

14 comments:

  1. Your first saying is too funny and yes it can happen! Amazing when you clean things out and then you have to wonder "why did I do that?" haha. All makes sense at the time right?! Oh that dinner looks so yummy! I love they put the beans in the little taco shell. Hoping you find a motel for the night and the trip goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shirley ... I was hoping for a good trip too. Hahahaha

      Delete
  2. If that drawing of your fence does not get him to the right area nothing will! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought about the map, but now I'm not so sure!!!

      Delete
  3. Staying at a Flying J??? That is going to be LOUD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually the Flying J might have been better than the hotel I found! Hahahaha

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Elva. Only because of your prayers I survived!!

      Delete
  5. Too bad you have to make a trip to California for a fence. You have lots of friends here in Yuma so no Flying J. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doug! I had two reasons to hit California, but the fence was a biggie ... about $3,000 worth!

      Delete
  6. Too bad for the quick trip but be safe. Johnathan is okay overnight?
    Love love the videos. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jonathan is getting to know Dan Chance very well this week!!!

      Delete
  7. Amazing the things we keep. Yesterday I removed all the books and DVDs stored in our TV cabinet. Selling it as we are getting a gas fireplace installed. I want to disburse of most of the DVDs. Now living in a house we never watch them. Most are old westerns. Fearing the hubby will give me grief on it. Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean. Yes, I have the same stash of old Western movies! Hahahaha. Gas fireplace? That is definitely worth losing a few DVD's!!

      Delete