Saturday, June 15, 2019

Third Times A Charm

For the third day in a row, I wandered outside in the cool of the morning to watch the sunrise.  I was rewarded this time by a beautiful sight.  I'm surprised at the difference between 106 degrees and 91.  It's been absolutely COOL.  80 would be better, but I'm not complaining.  I'll wait until I get to Arizona for that!!
On one of those "I don't want to go outside" days, I decided to whip up that sugar free jello ... for the third time.  I'm still finding pieces of stuck-like-glue jello on the walls from the first time.  The second time, the new recipe said to add half a cup of Swerve, my very expensive sugar-free sugar.  

It was so sweet it was sickening, and barely edible, not to mention a solid block of concrete I had to cut with a knife.  I didn't let the jello set quite long enough before blending.

The third time was a charm ..... I let the jello sit a little longer, didn't beat it to death with my mixer and added only 1/4 cup swerve.  It's delicious!!!!!  Honestly, I can't believe I've gone this long without real sugar, not to mention BREAD.    
In between contemplating what concoction I would whip up for dinner, I attempted to load this huge recliner in my Jeep.  I discovered quite by accident that the back comes off.  After dragging it out to the garage, it sat for an hour while I tried to figure a way to lift this TOO heavy beast up three feet.

Necessity is the mother of invention.  I grabbed a box of old tax papers (a least they were good for something), got one end up on that and was finally able to flip it over and into the back.  Trouble was, it was upside down and would flatten the cushions considerably.  RATS!  I drug it out.

I'm not sure how it happened, but the second time, it ended up in exactly the same position, in spite of my attempts to make sure I did it differently.  I studied the situation intently - place it here, flip it this way.

The third time was a charm as I was actually able to hoist it up far enough to man-handle it inside, right side up.  What you see is the back piece, which I just stuffed next to the bottom.  I'm not sure how it's going to ride going down the road, what with it being a rocker recliner.  I'll have to stick something in there to keep it from rocking.  It's going to the Arizona house.
In the quest for an RV cover, my bid arrived adding $600 to the cost just in case they have to dig deeper to natural soil.  I checked out a second company and received a bid of $8,000 with NO installation.  It's a do-it-yourself version.  Maybe the third time will be a charm.




6 comments:

  1. Yes thank goodness the third time is a charm. works for me in many ways as well. When the back comes off the recliner it is much easier to handle.
    One more quote and see what happens. Good luck.
    May buy the kit and hire a handy man to install it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking it's going to take more than a handyman, what with permits, pouring concrete piers, 14 feet tall. The group that installed Dan's didn't even have tall ladders! LOL

      Delete
  2. You are a go-getter, aren't you? If at first (& second) you don't succeed, try try again. Persistence pays off obviously.
    Good luck with the rv cover pricing. Sounds like a lot of money that's for sure but only you can decide what it is worth to you.
    The jello looks good BUT do you really even need sweetener? My recipe doesn't call for any and it is yummy too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The original recipe does not call of sweetener, but the second one I found does. Next time I'll try leaving it out!!
      I'm not sure I would call it persistence ... maybe stubborn is a better word! LOL

      Delete
  3. That shows that you can do anything you put your mind to.
    Non-sugar sweeteners are always extra sweet and have to be adjusted accordingly.
    Sounds like the first guy is trying to have you dig deeper in your pockets. As soon as someone sees an RV they think you are loaded. Search around even going beyond the Third Try.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your time in Arizona.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about the RV thing ... everyone thinks you've got lots of money. They never think that maybe you saved up for it!

      Delete