Thursday, November 15, 2018

My First Fire

It finally got down to 64 degrees in the house, so I had to light a fire.  It's much cheaper than running the heat pump.  By light, I mean push the button on the remote control.

By the way, did you know that PG&E in California got a bill signed by good old Governor Brown, that says fires caused by THEIR equipment and causing damage, will be paid for by PG&E customers?  This includes that terrible gas explosion that killed people and caused billions in damages if they can prove they took "reasonable" care for it NOT to happen.

PG&E equipment started at least 16 fires last year, one of which destroyed 4,000 homes.  Guess who's going to be paying for all that?  Their reasoning?  It's all due to the climate change, not their faulty equipment.

They will be authorized bonds to pay for all the damage, then will pass the cost of those bonds on to all their customers in California by adding it to our bills.  Nice, huh?  I know, get out of California.  I'm working on it!!
Now I have an even bigger headache than I did all last night long when I tried to get some sleep.  When I say I have weird dreams, I mean they are off the wall.

This time I was a spaceship mechanic.  I seemed to move around a downed aircraft with ease, looking for the pilot who came floating in.  I thought it funny that I would know how to change the blasting nozzles, but I just knew.  I unscrewed the valves and replaced the filters, having the pilot do a test shot.  It worked, although not with as much pressure as I expected.  Still, liquid stuff came out the end, enough to kill whatever it touched.

A job well done.  As I wandered off, I was trying to interpret some very fuzzy pictures of a dog standing on two legs on top of a fence, with a small boy behind him.  The next pictures seemed to be of some men about to steal something.  How did I know that just by looking at the picture?

I woke up ... thank goodness .. with this terrible headache.  Time for a little caffeine and advil!!

I did forget to mention about Bingo on Tuesday.  The Paradise Elks Lodge was burned to the ground, along with every other building in the small town.  Everyone who survived is now trying to get by in the also small town of Chico.  We decided to send all our profits for the night to the Chico Elks lodge to be used for those families.

In fact, almost the entire Northern California area has sent tons and tons of supplies, clothing and cash to help them recover.  I wonder if this was a PG&E created fire??

At any rate, I have had company for a couple of days, causing me to finally cook a real meal.  When in Costco I spotted a delicious looking corned beef brisket.  I've never cooked one to perfection in my entire life.  They have always been tough.

On this day however, I cooked it for a total of nine hours.  SUCCESS!!  Too bad I forgot to take a picture.  I was so excited it was edible, that I cut it up, we ate half and put the rest away before I realized I had nothing to show for it.  You'll just have to take my word for it, it was pretty tasty!

FYI ..... I have NOT been able to get any ice cream for the Indio Rally up to now.  Ugh .... I have 45 days to come up with 2100 ice cream bars and 75 gallons of ice cream.  I have a call into Costco down south.  If they can't help, I'm in deep you know what, which is NOT helping my headache!!

My next project is to figure out how to mount a trail camera behind my rig where it can't be seen, in the hopes of catching whoever thinks they can steal my diesel.  I'm pretty sure it will work well at the top of my horse corral.  Worse case, I suppose they could steal the camera!

I tried to get REAL cameras installed, but they require a solid continuous internet connection, which I do not have.  The cell tower variety will cost over $2,000.  I'll let you know whether it works or not.







16 comments:

  1. Maybe your dreams are an indicator of your profession in your next life.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about a locking cap for your filler?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't found one yet. Going to call Tiffin and see if they can give me a cap number. Apparently there are MANY out there, and few that will actually fit.

      Delete
  3. Space mechanic people floating around dog standing up on two legs please do us A favor gently put the NyQuil down,,, and step away from the night table
    Thank you
    A locking gas cap or gas door would be nice or your other option is to run the coach around so that the gas door is facing your house
    Another option is a motion sensor floodlight
    There a standalone unit you mount the flood light wherever you want the cord hooks up to a small solar panel no electricity required if you can get them at Lowes or Home Depot cheap
    I have 2 on the outside of my house trust me you can't sneak up on them
    You can get a wireless motion sensor driveway alert. The wireless unit has a red light that may be a deterrent. It'll alert you inside your house
    I read this the other day in the newspaper and then when you posted I started laughing when I thinking about this

    http://www.newser.com/story/219304/brilliant-thieves-suck-bus-fuel-er-no-sewage.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely need a motion sensor light. It would be easy to install on that side of the garage. I read about the sewage thing, but in my case it's clearly marked FUEL. Heading to Home Depot today.

      Delete
  4. I read that PG&E sent an email to a lady saying that they needed to access her property due to sparks coming from high transmission wires and within 30 minutes of email being sent the fire was reported in the same area. YEP, another PG&E customer paid fire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just so crazy, I can't believe what they can get away with. They definitely have their finger in the government.

      Delete
  5. Have you tried smart and final in Indio for ice cream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't ... and there is actually one here I can check with. THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

      Delete
  6. You should use your Instant Pot for the corned beef. Less than 3 hours and wonderful!!! Lynn Cross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn, that's exactly what I thought after trying to wash the slow cooker! Next time for sure!!

      Delete
  7. I am with Lynn on the Instant Pot. I gather in California they have some very forward thinking politicians. I gather every house hold would be a customer, thus lets do a tax increase but let the utility company bear the brunt of the criticism. If we charge tax on the utility charge we can also increase the amount of our take. Vote for us again, after all we never raised your taxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like your logic is correct. They say it's to keep them from bankruptcy, but that's already happened once. My actual electricity used charges are always less than HALF my bill.

      Delete
  8. The whole PG&E thing let me see if I understand correctly. They cause a fire that kills people, burns down homes, kills animals, and burns thousands of acres of natural beauty then their consequences are that their customers pay for it. So in the end a customer could end up paying them for burning down their home. Must make you feel warm and fuzzy, as a California resident, to know the state government is taking care of you. That is just to sad for anymore words.

    Good luck with the whole diesal fuel stealing situation.
    Fingers crossed you find your ice cream.

    Celebrating the Dance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty much it ... the new bill (already signed) says they can pass on the cost of fires caused by their equipment, to their customers. That's right, if it's your house that gets burned down, you will help pay for the damages. Sounds pretty ridiculous to me too. Thank you for the finger crossing .... I need all the help I can get!!

      Delete