Monday, March 27, 2017

Hello Neighbor!!

After waiting on pins and needles all morning, Patty and I finally left to view the property.  I was so excited the moment I stepped inside that I completely forgot to take ANY inside pictures.  To be honest, I really thought that was kind of "invasive" anyway, which is probably why I didn't remember to get any.  I was paying too much attention to details, like the counters, cabinets, flooring and building quality.

Later in the day when they were gone to an event, we went back over so I could get some outside pictures.  This is the driveway that Dan and his trusty tractor will widen just a little for me.  Closer to the garage he will make it a little bigger to allow for guest parking.  He discovered the utilities run alongside the right hand side, so it will remain the same.
This home, a modular set on a permanent foundation, was built to have the best view in the subdivision, so the front door is on the hill side with a nice stone walkway.  That is a two car attached garage on the right as you walk in.
It is all landscaped beautifully, mostly with cactus and a few trees.  My idea is to put an awning across the front walkway later on, to help keep sun off the front.  Here's one I've never heard of before ... all the windows have a mirror coating that keeps UV light and heat OUT of the house and keeps snoopy people from seeing inside, yet you can see out perfectly.   
As you walk around to the back, which is where I'll spend most of MY time, is a large patio with beautiful green grass, sloping down to a concrete block fence.  It's not quite high enough to keep Jessie inside, so I'll have to come up with some decorative fence to increase it's height.
The view down one side of the patio ......
The view from the OTHER side of the patio, including the two palm trees.  Yes that IS a hot tub, but it's going away.  I had one once ... rarely used it because most of the time it wouldn't work.  
It's a three bedroom two bath 2,000 sq. ft. home with new flooring and lots of extras like thicker insulation, thicker walls, a huge one year old outside cooling system (no noisy a.c. in the house) and the best of all ..... a FIREPLACE!!  Well almost best of all ... here's the BEST  part ... the view!!  You can't see a single house from this back yard.
This is looking straight out to the bird and deer automatic watering station.   There are sprinklers everywhere, along with drip irrigation that keeps the bird bath full for the animals.  How cool is that?
This is the view off to the right.  Yes, the trains are pretty close, but 90% of them are going East, down a slight slope, very slowly.  Two passed by while we were there and honestly, you could barely hear them since the engines weren't pulling uphill.  I do love trains, so I think it will be fun to sit and watch them go by.  Just LOOK at that view!!
Can you find the cottontail (bottom left)?  He came to drink while we were there, along with several quail and some dove.    I think this is going to be just perfect.
Dan and I discussed the location of the motorhome pad, which will be right about here.  The scrub brush will go, but the big tree to the left will stay.  It will take quite a bit of fill dirt, but it's easily doable.  I'm starting to get excited!!
We actually agreed on a price and shook hands ... sold.  However ... since she is a realtor, there may or may not be a broker involved, and she still hasn't found a house for them to move to.  So it becomes a waiting game.  I'm ready to get inspections done and write the check, but you never know ... things can change in a flash.  I've got my fingers crossed this all works out QUICKLY!!

The other good news is that they have WAY too much furniture for the size house she is looking for.  I told them to leave whatever they didn't want and we would work something out.    They also have visiting rights to come sit on the patio and watch the deer.  

SO ... this morning after an early lunch with friends, I'll be back to Tucson International to grab my seat headed to Phoenix and be back home around 8 pm.  I can't WAIT to see my puppies tomorrow morning!!




19 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful. If it goes through, we will be neighbors. Best of luck on closing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know ... isn't that cool? I plan on coming to visit if that's okay with you guys!!

      Delete
  2. Looks and sounds like a keeper congratulations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so Ed ... just hoping it all works out.

      Delete
  3. Train tracks being close is when you can reach out your bathroom window and literally touch them as they go by, which is what my first apartment in Utah was like...6 month lease, moved 6 months and 1 day after we moved in. Do you know what 6 months of no sleep is like????

    Love the new house, and as a fifth generation California, I know what it is like to move...and NOW I also know what it is like to keep a bunch more of my hard earned $$$$ and not turn them over to the state! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's CLOSE Dave!! Not actually moving yet ... I plan to use it as a rental for a few more years, then I'll probably make the plunge!!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Jan!! I think it's just what I was looking for!!

      Delete
  5. I am very happy for you, Nancy. I hope all goes as planned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol ... me too. Still plan on spending summers on the Oregon Coast however!!

      Delete
  6. If all goes well๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ and addition to the ultraviolet film you may want to consider something else, and it's not that expensive per window ,
    When I lived in Phoenix one of the best modifications I made on my house was putting Full window sunscreen instead of regular window bug screen on my Sun side windows
    During the heat of the day put your hand on the in side the room glass you'll feel the heat with the sunscreen on, you lose about 90% of that heat
    By keeping the heat off the glass you also save radiate heat from getting inside
    You can see out but absolutely nobody can see in
    And if you have a good day and want to open the Windows it does not stop the airflow
    You may need to cut and paste
    http://arizonasunscreen.com/our-work/sun-screens/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually saw those on one of the homes I looked at. Looks like a really good idea!!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you ... I can't believe after three years I finally found something.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like you have your dream home that meats all your needs. When you get back to your present home you will be busy packing and purging. You can travel in the warmer months and be home in the winter.
    Don't be too hasty on getting rid of the Hot Tub until you try it. As age sets in they are great on the Arthritis.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you have had Hot Tub experience!! Unfortunately, it has a bad leak that they can't seem to fix. Not moving quite yet ... it's going to be a rental/vacation home for awhile.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you Nick and Terry. I can't wait to get Dan and his tractor going!!

      Delete
  10. Very excited for you! Aren't you glad you waited until you found the perfect home - a woman with a plan!

    ReplyDelete