Monday, June 22, 2015

And We're Off Again!!

The first order of the day is to wish Miss Terry a wonderful happy birthday!!!  I said goodbye to them yesterday morning as they headed further North on the Coast.  We'll be playing leap frog for the next few weeks!!  When I mentioned I was making lemon cupcakes from a box of cake mix, her face showed in an instant that cake mixes weren't acceptable!!  I just laughed ... knowing my cooking skills, but this sweetheart of a lady gave me a signed copy of her cookbook so I can aspire to better cooking and baking!!  I'm SOOOO excited!!
I couldn't wait to try some recipes, but it wasn't going to be yesterday.  Apparently I've come in close contact with someone's stomach bug!!  I spent a miserable day inside and now I'm starving, but afraid to eat.  My destination is only a two hour drive and I hope to be on the road by 10:00.  
Since I'm in low-four-wheel-drive mode, I better get busy!!  See you in Bandon!

2 comments:

  1. Wow it's Miss Terry's birthday and you get the birthday present. The cookbook, I mean. Good luck with the bug, I feel for you. Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Miss Terry felt sorry for me Jim!! Bug's gone, thankfully!!

      Delete