Thursday, November 13, 2014

Thirty Seven Times Up .......

and another 37 times down the ladder as I washed the mobile castle!!  I counted!  I know, nobody does that ... but it's kind of boring work and it definitely kept my brain going!!  That got the top and one side done!!  I loaded up on aspirin last night in an attempt to avoid the "oh man I'm sore" moans and groans this morning, but I'm sorry to report it didn't work very well.  With about 10 months worth of dirt and white roof crud dripping down the sides, the three RV brushes I bought for washing, didn't work at all.  They look really great when they demonstrate them on the perfectly flat side of a rig.  However, none were small enough to get in the corners and grooves, so I finally had to grab a washcloth and do it all by hand ... literally!!  Then it was back up the ladder to dry it off, which as it turned out, was just in time for it to get wet again in last night's rain.  Actually, it's still raining as I type, but I just can't complain ... we need the water too much!!  At least she was beautiful for about 6 hours!!
I took this picture so I could ask all the guys out there if my connection was correct.  Since I cashiered bingo last night, I passed it around and finally hit the jackpot!!  Kevin saw the problem right away.  I have the quick disconnect hooked up to the tool side instead of the compressor side.  The extra piece is for use with another tool ... which at this point I don't own.  I spent an hour changing it last night when I got home.  Today I'll crank it up and see if it works.  Mark ... one of the Elks fifth wheel guys ... asked if I knew I had a built in compressor on my rig.  Yes I do ... but that involves finding a heavy 50 foot hose with the correct connection in order to reach to the farthest tire, and I haven't found one yet.  It's on my "list"!!!
Rain, glorious rain ... it's still coming down as I type.  Not only is it a good thing for California, but it will give me at least one day's rest before I have to start climbing to the stars again to finish washing the rig.  I think I'm going to take a couple more aspirin, two peanut butter cookies and a handful of Reeses pieces.  THAT should make me feel better!!!

8 comments:

  1. You don't need a heavy 50' hose. Just get one or two more of the light weight coiled hoses like the one you have, a quick disconnect on one end and that unused connector on the other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you Don!!! I had no idea!!! This will be MUCH easier!!

      Delete
  2. I think maybe that job requires at least a pound of chocolate to make you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan you are right ... check out today's blog!! LOL

      Delete
  3. Or maybe go buy a few yards of quilting material.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would definitely make me feel better Ray and Cindy ... but I have a pretty large stack to go through first. Course I guess it never goes bad, right??

      Delete
  4. See!! You got more accomplished with real tools than you did with knitting needles. I REALLY like your choice in toilet tank levers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy that's for sure Tom!!! Those knitting needles didn't get anything done!!!

      Delete