Monday, March 24, 2014

Nope ... Not Yet!!!

By now I'm sure you fully expected to see beautiful images taken with my new Nikon D4s camera.  ME TOO!!!!  But it's not going to happen for another day or two.

It's all USP's fault!!!  In the hopes that I would be lucky enough to receive the camera before my Hawaii trip, I paid $56.00 extra to have it delivered in three days.  Well you can just imagine how that went, since I haven't received it yet.  What a waste of money ... and I intend to apply for a refund.
The shipment was received by UPS on the 19th and went from New York to Oakland California on the 20th.  On Friday the 21st (when I expected to receive it) it didn't move according to their tracking.  Since it went across the U.S. in one day, I don't understand why it would take any longer to go a couple hundred miles.  But alas, there is no camera at my doorstep!!

In the meantime, I finally turned on my sprinkler system ... or at least I tried.  Remember when I was wondering why the sprinkler door was open during my run?  Well it had nothing to do with anything, but I did check it out to find the system dead.  After rummaging around in the box, I found a battery that needed to be replaced and hit the ON button.  Nothing.  Nada.  Zilch.  Until I saw something flashing that said NO POWER.

You KNOW I'm not one for messing with electricity ... but it's just an outlet.  I unplugged and replugged ... still nothing.  Finally, I realized this was a GFI box ... like in your bathroom ... it has two buttons, one of which will reset the circuit.  So I pushed and pushed, breaking two fingernails before I grabbed a small stick and tried pushing with that.  Nothing ... no clicks, no little green light, zero.  I thought about getting a screwdriver, but me with a tool near electricity probably isn't the smartest thing to do, so I went to both electrical panels to see if there was a breaker that had tripped.  Still nothing ... breakers looked fine.

As a last resort before calling an electrician, my friends husband has a tester (actually I think I do too ... I just don't know how to use it!!) and will come check it out ... at which time I will probably have to call an electrician.  In the meantime, my lawn is about half dead now, the trees sucking up every drop of water for their survival!!

Hopefully by the end of today I'll have lots of pictures of my dead lawn to show you, assuming I don't get electrocuted trying to get the sprinklers to work!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment