Sunday, December 1, 2013

Breaking the Rules!!!

"Life is a series of disastrous moments, painful moments and unexpected moments ... in between those moments is the time you savor, savor, savor!!"  Sandra Bullock

Not that I pay much attention to Hollywood stars, but once in a great while I break the "don't-pay-them-no-mind" rules when they come up with a good thought.  Especially at this time of year when we celebrate the in-betweens and savor the time with friends and family.  So get out there and CELEBRATE!!!  Break the rules!!!  If you are having a "moment", know that it will pass, and the in-between is just around the corner.

Here's my two kids ... Miss Jessie had her moment when she got stepped on by my 1200 pound horse.  Stitched and taped up, she survived to provide me with MANY happy growly moments!!!  She breaks the rules every day by being terribly growly when she plays ... so much so that you think she will take your arm off.
Cooper doesn't have moments, but he definitely breaks the rules when he wakes me up at 5:00 every morning!!  He's so happy and full of life, you just can't be anything but happy around him!!  Frustrated, yes ... but always happy, happy, happy!!  As much as I complain about having to take them with me everywhere ... and my travel is limited because I need dog-sitters, I don't know what I'd do without them!!!  And oh yes, Cooper breaks all the rules all the time!!!  You can just see it in his face!!
Today's breakfast menu ... turkey sandwich!!  I know, it's not breakfast food.  When I was growing up, we were only allowed breakfast food at breakfast and lunch food at lunch.  You wouldn't even THINK of asking mom for dessert unless it was after dinner.  The second I turned 18 and moved out, THAT all changed!!!  It was time to break the rules!!!  I had ice cream for breakfast, cookies and cake for breakfast ... there are NO rules in my house about what you can eat when!!  Break a few rules ... enjoy!!!
Another rule I broke was putting up my Christmas tree BEFORE Thanksgiving!!  This way I get to enjoy it longer ... it will come down about the end of January!!  I mean really ... why spend all that money on decorations and only enjoy it for two weeks???  I break the rules and get my money's worth!
The point is, break a few rules.  Have a good time ... enjoy and savor the in-betweens.  Share if you can afford to and even if you can't ... you might just make an in-between for someone else!!


No comments:

Post a Comment