Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A Visit From Costa Rica Friends!

Before I begin, I wanted to mention that the limo service we used from San Francisco to Sonora was Le Grande Affaire Limo Hometown ... EXCELLENT professional service!!  Just tell them those two crazy ladies from Costa Rica told you to call!!!

THEY'RE    B  A  A  C  K !!!!!  While on our recent trip to Costa Rica, the bird we saw most was the Turkey Buzzard.  They were everywhere from the coast to the mountains, flying on the thermals.  I guess since they knew Patty and I were leaving, they decided to come visit me at my house.  There must have been a huge swarm following our plane ... because they all landed in my back yard three days after we did.
This is a perfect example that explains the name of my home .. Buzzards Roost!!  Thank goodness I don't have to worry about my dogs ... the huge birds only eat carrion.  With a wingspan of over 4 feet, they are pretty intimidating!
Whenever it is a rather wet drippy morning, they all come out about 8:00 am to warm up and dry their wings.  Soon they will disappear on the thermals, to return to their nesting trees on my neighbor's property at night.  They can be pretty messy, so I'm glad they stay on THAT side of the fence.  Apparently they are not in jeopardy of extinction ... I counted 32 roosting this morning.  Two more were on the ground with wings spread while my horse stood in the far corner.  Once they hit the ground, Showby was having none of it!!
Hard to sneak up on for good closeup photography, I'll put on my camo coat this afternoon and see if I can capture those precious faces!!!!

In the meantime, I'm looking at some major repairs on our old ranch house.  I definitely think it's time to sell!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment