Monday, April 29, 2013

3 2 1 Cake!!!!!

Its been fun catching up with Miss Patty and Dan since we last camped together in Quartzite/Yuma.  After breakfast, it was time to get to work.  The first order of the day was to wash the front of my RV so I could see out the windshield.  Apologies to all the spiders that are now deprived of their homes, but Mi Casa is NOT su casa.
After packing a few things in the freezer, we hit the store for dinner supplies. I love it when we get together, as Miss Patty becomes the resident Chef, cooking up lots of low-fat tasty goodies for dinner.  The homemade chicken alfredo with veges was wonderful!!  I seriously don't know how she does it.  If "I" put that together, it would end up in the trash.  Patty has a green thumb when it comes to cooking!!
While eating, Dan's once reglued crown came out ... OH MY!!! ... so I quickly got on the phone to my dear friend Karen Spradley who works at my dentist's office.  She made an appointment to have it fixed this morning at 10:00.  Talk about service!!!  It took me 20 years to find Dr. Creed Rowan's office and I have been a patient there for over 20 years.  This is one of the reasons why.  It's rare to find this kind of service nowadays.

While at Walmart yesterday, Dan found his favorite Blueberry Cheesecake Ben & Jerrys ice cream.  Don't tell him, but I discovered that flavor isn't so bad after all.  One down, two to go!!!  Oops, I mean ONE to go ... he remembered they were in my freezer.
About 6:30 Patty came in with a new concoction ... 321 Cake.  Now I've been around Patty for a long time, and we have tried lots of "creative" things in the way of food ... but this takes the cake (pun intended)!!  Mix up one box of angel food cake mix with one box of "whatever-you-like" cake mix (she had chocolate).  Measure 3 tablespoons into a cup.  Add 2 tablespoons of water (and whatever goodies you want .. I added some mini chocolate chips), stirring to mix.  Microwave for 1 minute.  There you have it ... 3 2 1 cake!!

Now really, this may be something you want to share with your grandchildren for fun.  I'm not sure you want to serve this at your next ladies tea party.  But it was fun fun fun to make, and the chocolate chips that stayed at the bottom of the cup, became frosting when turned upside down.  We figured it's pretty much fat free and you end up with about 6 ounces of cake.  Not bad for a quick sweet tooth fix!!!
Three more days to lift off .... I'm getting nervous!!!!!  Wait ... maybe it's just the cake and the ice cream and the cookie and ....

1 comment:

  1. The resident chef thanks you for your kind comments. With you to cheer me on, Dan can only follow along with the low fat program!

    ReplyDelete