Sunday, February 5, 2012

I Have A Pain In My Side!!!

The ins and outs of todays health care can be scary ... here's my story (and why I haven't been on the blog recently).

Week 1
Doctor, I have a pain in my side.
Lets take an chest x-ray.
??  Ok ... results ... negative

Week 2
Doctor, I have a pain in my side.
Lets do a sonogram of your stomach.
??  Ok ... results ... negative

Week 3
Doctor, I have a pain in my side.
Lets send you to a GI Doc and do an MRI of your lower back
??  Ok ... results ... negative

Are you getting the picture yet?????

Week 4
Doctor, I have a pain in my side.
Lets do an endoscopy and check your stomach.
???  No ... lets NOT do that.  Lets quit messing around.  I want a FULL scan of some kind NOW!!!!!

Week 5
Doctor, I have a pain in my side.
Lets do a CT scan ... in another week when they can fit you in.
Ok, but it really hurts.  I'm not sure I can wait a week.

Week 6
Doctor, I have a pain in my side.
OH MY!!!  You have a cyst ... it's probably cancer!!!!  Sending you immediately to an oncologist, a 2-1/2 hour drive away.  (Thankfully a highly recommended Doctor)

Surgery scheduled two days later, now home short a few parts that aren't necessary anyway and it wasn't cancer, just a cyst.

Week 7
Uh Oh ... Doctor, I still have a pain in my side.

You see all this time, I thought it was something else, but couldn't seem to convince the Doctor to do the right test to confirm my suspicions.  So as soon as I'm able, I am going to return to my original Doctor and DEMAND she do the test I wanted in the beginning.  Unfortunately, I'm sure the results of that test will result in another surgery!!!!  UGH ... not looking forward to that.  Especially because I have to depend on my few friends to take care of all the animals I have.  :(

Week 8
Doctor, I STILL have a pain in my side!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment