Thursday, September 3, 2026

SAY BYE BYE TO THE ART CAREER

 LIZARD COUNTER:  20


It's not quite summer any more, and not quite fall.  I'm not sure what you call this, but I hope it passes soon.  I'm ready for some cool running weather.  Sadly, today was not the day.

Breakfast was a quick one while my gardener and I discussed the pros and cons of the hula hoe.  Yessiree ... that is what's required to get the weeds out of the garden.  The con is that it takes half the dirt with it.  I try to use weed spray, but so far have killed TWO really nice big plants.  I am just not good at gardening.


Next up, I need a little instruction with this diatomaceous earth stuff.  How am I supposed to put it out there?  There are no instructions for this other than don't put too much on your animal feed.  I squirted a little here and there on the ant hills next to Cooper's bush.


Okay, truth be told, I've already forgotten the name of this thing, but it is blooming beautifully once again.


In a few short minutes, I was off to town to pay the piper for the Jeep tires.  It was a killer $968.00.  I guess I can't complain about $96.00 a year.  Hopefully these last just as long as the last ones.  I admit, I immediately noticed the nicer ride.  He said the old tires were hardening, making for a much rougher ride.

From there, I headed on over to the accounting job.  Lucky us, there were just a few bills to pay, which was pretty hard to do when the checkbook had disappeared.  We were however, able to get online to BILL PAY!!  WOOHOO!!!  SOOOO much easier than writing checks, stuffing in envelopes and putting on stamps.  Unfortunately, that will be MY job on Friday ... my normal day of rest.  What's that saying, there's no rest for the w________?  

Lunch was easy ... I just heated up that double cheeseburger I got at the lodge.  This came home with me because they didn't want to throw it away.  She even packed the lettuce and tomatoes separately.  What a gal!!!


From there, I was on to hooking up the charger for the van battery.  So here's my latest question for all the tire pros out there.  I read recently that the 61 lbs of air pressure for van tires is for empty vehicles (not full vans), causing the inside to wear much more than the outside.  

THEIR solution was to add 4 pounds of pressure to the 61 required by the sticker on the door.  I checked the maximum tire pressure, and here it says 80 psi.  So do you think it's okay to add just 4 pounds on the front tires to keep them wearing even?  Curious minds want to know.


With that done and no sourdough to bake at the moment, I ran off the road and whipped up 4 dozen peanut butter cookies.  I practically swallowed two whole before I stopped myself.  No dinner for YOU!!


There was one more rock painting I wanted to show you.  This of course is Kid Rock.  This gal has more talent in her little finger than I do in my whole body.  When I was maybe 15, I signed up or one of those draw the picture, submit it and maybe you will be selected to go to ART school.


I actually used to draw a lot back in the day.  I wish I still had some of those books full of pictures, but my Mom threw them away.  Why?  Because the Art School guy actually knocked on the door one day and tried to sign me up.  

At 15, I was more interested in boys than drawing, so the nice guy said he would check back in a couple of years.  There was a chance I could draw for Disney.  YEAH RIGHT!!!  I never believed that for a second.  And so my art career came to a screeching halt when my dad kicked him out.  

Too bad, so sad.  

This is Cooper's THROW THE BALL FOR ME MOM pose.  He used to run me ragged and I loved every second of it.


BY THE WAY BARB AND JIM ... where are the pictures of your baby?????  




5 comments:

  1. Mr. Ed said your van is rated heavy So I’m going to assume that the tires rating CP therefore the PSI Stamped on the outside of the tire being 80 at cold Is the setting you want to use? Remember that sticker on the door was Prior to the buildout.
    Constant vs. Variable Load: Standard cargo vans carry variable loads and make frequent stops, whereas RV and camper vans usually sit at maximum weight continuously.Specialized Markings: Standard commercial van tires are marked with a "C", while dedicated camper-spec tires feature a "CP" designation indicating they are reinforced for higher continuous pressures and stationary loads.Load Range Requirements: Heavy RV conversions require Light Truck (LT) tires with a higher load range—typically Load Range E (a 10-ply rating)—to handle extra build weight like water tanks, cabinetry, and gear safely
    Hope that helps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weather here was cooler then it warmed up again. Is Fall ever going to arrive?
    Happy Thursday!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our weather has turned to fall this week - 70's during the day, almost 20 degrees cooler than a week or so ago and maybe rain on Sunday. I am not complaining - right now at 8:30 AM it is 60 outside. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so enjoying the cooler temperatures here in Montreal, dear Nancy! Your meals always look so delicious!!! I love this photo of Cooper, he is saying, "Let's play!" I love when dogs do that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rock paintings are amazing. Does she sell them?

    ReplyDelete