LIZARD COUNTER: 20
CAT FOR SALE ..... CHEAP!! This lizard looks just like the last one I found with no tail. Yes I too thought this was cute at first, but I've definitely changed my mind. It's NOT funny any more!!
I did discover that if I leave the patio lights on at night, I get a prize. The light switch is now duck taped in the OFF position.
I pine for Mr. Cooper while this crazy creature stalks me both inside and outside the house. I'm sure she's grateful for feeding her when she was starving. I really can't seem to get away from her. That will make it tough when I'm gone for a week here and there.
Since it was so nice and cool outside ... a breezy 56 degrees, I decided to hang out on the patio for a little tan. No one wants to see a ghost girl on the beach in Hawaii without some color. The antibiotics are gone now anyway.
The second my hand went over the edge, there she was. Rubbing, purring and being present. She knows not the words GO AWAY. I'M BUSY!!
If not staring at me, she is laying UNDER me. Keeping guard against all those nasty lizards I suppose. Leave it to me to be adopted by a WEIRD cat!! I admit, she's a sweetheart, but please stop with the lizards.
Breakfast was a nice chunk of sourdough, toasted to perfection and smothered in butter. There's no better way to eat it.
I stared at this quilt for two hours before I finally said OKAY ... I'll finish you up. This was the last of 13 generic Veterans quilts for the big giveaway on Veterans Day.
You know who, parked on the coffee table across from me. That was AFTER I chased her out of my quilt cabinet where she had decided to hang out.
Lunch was quick and easy, in between sewing. This was a can of Costco chicken breast, loaded with pecans, dried cranberries and mayo. Tomatoes and Fritos were added for looks. Yes, I ate all those too.
At last ... DONE AND DONE!! I only have the four embroidered quilts left to bind. They are now all bagged up to head to the quilter this week. Those four are going to cost Bingo $300. I hope they agree to pick up the tab.
I literally spent the rest of the night looking up sourdough recipes. I'm looking for things to make with the discard. Today one of the gals I follow uploaded a recipe for sourdough bagels ... so that's my next challenge.
Dinner was .... well ..... NOT healthy. This is a 610 calorie SMALL chicken pot pie. I could make my own, but let's face it ... I'm lazy. I would rather heat it up than make it myself, especially in the summer when it's hot.
The day ended with Kitters sitting on the arm of the couch, purring away. We had a talk about the lizards. She promised not to do that any more.
The day ended with a nice little sunset.
It is now September 1. What happened to August? I'm sure it was only 15 days long. When they said time flies, they were certainly correct!!
Somehow I think I would be much more ambitious if my little guy was still here. Big sigh.
Such a sweet pic of Cooper.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are resting that shoulder.
Have a good day!
Frances:)
It is definitely better when I don't overdo it!
DeleteKitters is just trying to show you love, by rubbing up against you, your hand, being close to you and even bringing you Lizards. She will continue doing so until you show your disapproval and it may take a few times for her to understand.
ReplyDeleteAfter finding the next Lizards, hold it in front of her while scolding her in a harsh tone you have never used, while pointing the other hand directly at her, then toss your gift outside as she watches. It may take a few times, but she will get the message.
Hope your machine works when you have your own quilt to do. If the Bingo disapproves of the cost, you will have to resign from Quilt Duty.
Stay Safe and Enjoy!
It's about time.
I have to admit, it's hard to scold Kitters!! I don't want her to give up on the gophers!! LOL
DeleteRick, don't be mean to Kitters......
DeleteYes, Kitters is showing you her affection! She loves you, Nancy. :)
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed seeing all your photos, dear friend. Cats are good hunters, this is their instinct. They often catch mice, rats or birds and bring them to their owners...this is a 'gift' from them, showing you their love and concern for your wellbeing. We feed them, so they are trying to 'return the favour', so to speak.
I agree Linda. She is the most affectionate cat I've ever known in my life.
DeleteThe quilts are beautiful and so is Kitters she came into your life at the right time.
ReplyDeleteSue
It's like it was meant to be. She is definitely a happy camper!!
DeleteJust had MC's (Marie Callender's) Pot Pies for dinner...It sure seems to me that they made the box easier to rip open than they do now days. And what happened to the metal like top that you kept on it to brown the top of the pie? But they sure taste good...way better than Banquet pot pies.
ReplyDelete100% Dave! Harder than heck to tear the top off. The metal part is now on the INSIDE of the pan it comes in. I'm surprised the top browns at all, but they do taste good.
DeleteFunny seeing how Kitters attaches to you. You are her/his master.
ReplyDeleteThe pot pies are usually pretty good for a quick meal.
Any cat I ever had was aloof and not at all affectionate. The one is the exact opposite.
DeleteI made a chicken pot pie once. It was really good but a whole lot of work. I like the Marie Callender one. Nice to have an easy meal once in awhile. Becky
ReplyDeleteI agree Becky. TOO much work ... and Marie makes a yummy one.
DeleteI have a 3 year old Lab who is a lizard and squirrel hunter. Only a couple of lizards and 2 squirrels have been”caught” because he constantly has a toy in his mouth so not much room for anything else😀.
ReplyDeleteOh that's funny!! I never knew a dog to do that!!!
Delete