It's interesting how a huge conglomerate on the internet called GOOGLE can't seem to get their act together. Maybe it's all those DEI hires. I'm sorry, but if you want the best employees with the best work ethic and the highest level of knowledge, you need to hire people based on their experience ... not their gender or the fact that they passed high school. I would even suggest you CAN'T send them feedback unless they have every spec of information on you for their purpose (whatever that is) ... thus the copy of your drivers license or passport. That way they can find you if they want to. What a world we live in today.
I contemplated that as I headed out for an early morning run. Jog actually. I never was after the blue ribbon. Not that I came in last, but sometimes I was pretty close to it when I hit 65. Seems running was for the younger crowd. I didn't start the long runs until I was 50 years old. I just ran those marathons to see if I could do it.
The sun wasn't even up yet on this morning, and it was COOL .... oh so cool!!!
The forecast finally says we are out of the 90's except for that last one. Good grief .... it's the 15th of September already and it's still HOT. Time flies by so fast I think it's going to be Christmas the day after tomorrow. At least it feels like it.
I purposely scheduled NOTHING on this day. Mostly because I rest up a bit for today's Bingo adventure. My only to-do was come up with new prices for the Bingo Kitchen. As you can see, inflation has NOT hit the Elks Lodge Bingo parlor. You can get a fabulous hamburger AND fries for $5.50. A lot of folks just come in for the food and leave after they eat. Bingo is the only event we have that is open to the public.
Here's the problem ... the more you charge for food, the less they buy in for Bingo. We would rather they donate money to our kids charities, so I can only raise the prices 50 cents, even if we should be charging at least a dollar more on every item.
With that done, I switched on and off from sewing to rodeo. This one from Photography by Gini shows the bull fighters playing with the big boys. There's no one on the planet in better shape than these guys who keep the bulls off the riders once they hit the ground.
And hit the ground they did. This kid is probably ten feet off the ground. Extreme bulls are the meanest worst of the worst and the most fun to watch. Most of the riders are 5'6" and weigh maybe 140 pounds. The smaller you are, the easier it is to stay on. It's crazy to watch!!
When commercials hit, I would rush to the sewing room to stitch up maybe three pieces before running back to watch the bulls. There's more today and tomorrow, so I'll be glued to the TV.
Later on, I stitched up the rest of the squares with only a few rip outs. I hate it when that happens!! At any rate, all 64 little square are done. Now I get to stitch those 64 into 16 big squares and start on the borders. That means you will see this picture probably six more times!!
There will be no running this morning. I'm saving up all my energy so I can wear the armor until 9:30 tonight. Hopefully the cooler weather has soothed the hot heads and we won't have any problems. I did not mention that the week before, one lady swiped someone else's bonanza tickets and tried to turn them back in for the money. We don't do that.
She got in quite the conflagration with the King, but he held his tongue. That is until she got to the back door because he asked her to leave .... and she spewed out a bunch of bad words. The King had enough and said a few things himself before banning her forever from the building. You just never know who you are going to be dealing with at Bingo. Luckily it wasn't ME doing the dealing!!
By the way, thanks to a reader, I have found if you click on the last blog posted from your Reading List and click on the name of the blog, it will bring up their latest blog for you to read. An extra step for sure, but at least you can now see and reply to bloggers.
I'm glad your mornings are cooler.
ReplyDeleteIt's been nice here too.
Happy Bingo Tuesday!
Frances:)
Quilt blocks are coming along very nicely and yes, "Jack the Ripper" is a quilter's friend whether we like it or not. :)) :)) Our weather has returned to fall like temperatures this week and it has been wonderful along with the Oak leaves that are starting to fall. Good luck tonight and take care.
ReplyDeleteYour Quilt is coming along nicely. There are so few differences it is not worth the worry.
ReplyDeleteDue to disruptive incidents, many years ago, it was necessary to hire Off-Duty Officers to keep things civil in Ontario. I only recall one arrest made for Battery.
Stay Safe and Enjoy watching over the Kingdom.
It's about time.
You have been so busy with the quilt squares and they look good.
ReplyDeleteAmazed at the prices of your food on bingo night was shocked when I read the board.
That armor is heavy...good you are going to rest. : ).
Sue